JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I open my box of 308 disappointment today. They did not package the charging handle with the added foam piece so the charging handle poked through the foam and box and scraped along who knows what. Nasty burr and paint missing now. Second problem is the threaded plug that fills the hole where the standard charging handle would ride, was only threaded in a couple of turns. I could not thread it in further. The threads on the plug are messed up and possibly the threads in the upper as well. The doesn't bode well for quality control on the rest of the upper. Next week I will send them an email and see how they handle it.

I don't want to have to send the entire upper back.

20211028_082616.jpg

20211028_083129.jpg

20211028_083603.jpg

20211028_083511.jpg

20211028_083503.jpg

20211028_083503.jpg

20211028_083455.jpg

20211028_083623.jpg

I had to look up who the hell was....*BCA. I guess.....I should NOT post the name. Because I might be wrong about that.....maybe it is some other company. BUT, But, but.....arakboss could.

So then, I asked myself..... is it an effort to cover up for them?

OK, Ok, ok......maybe I'm just too harsh and expect too much. So then....
Lord_I_apologize_for_that.jpg

Aloha, Mark

PS....*OK, Ok, ok....I had to go back and it's mentioned in Post #24.

BCA - bear creek arsenal. Not "Butt Crack Armory" or "Shiťz Creek Armory"
Their stuff works well, you just have to check it when it comes in and throw back the defective junk. If you're on a budget, they're worth the test drive.

BCA - bear creek arsenal. Not "Butt Crack Armory" or "Shiťz Creek Armory"
Their stuff works well, you just have to check it when it comes in and throw back the defective junk. If you're on a budget, they're worth the test drive.
Judging from the ones I've seen/handled I would not own one, but then I like have weapons I can trust to get the job done in those to hell and back situations.

Judging from the ones I've seen/handled I would not own one, but then I like have weapons I can trust to get the job done in those to hell and back situations.
We would agree, between a Geissele, Noveske or Spikes vs a PSA or Bear Creek, you certainly felt the difference when you bought once and sobbed, you can see the difference when you hold them, and you can feel the difference when you shoot them.

No turning back, I ordered this 308 side charging upper for my ultra budget 308 AR build, I hope it can hit the broad side of a barn with me behind the wheel. It ended up being $323.09 shipped.

This one is only $269.99

Just before @arakboss started this thread, I purchased an Aero M5 receiver set from another member here, intending to do a build some time in the future. He posted the barrel, and next thing you know, the dam breaks on the build. Took about two weeks to get everything in, total cost is $1310 including shipping, BGC, etc.

Aero_308 - watermark.jpg

Nice thing about it, everything fit perfectly. Adult tinker toys, I say!
The majority of items were purchased locally.
Parts:
Aero M5 Receiver Set
Luth AR Rifle buffer Tube
Luth AR Recoil Spring
LaRue Trigger
CMMG LPK
Ballistic Advantage 16" 308 1:10 Govt Profile Barrel
Aim Sports 13" AR10 Handguard
Aero Mid Length gas tube
JP Rifles Adjustable Gas Block
JP Rifles FMOS BCG with HP Bolt
Seekins DNA Charging Handle
JP Rifles thread protector
Spikes dust cover
Lee 308 Buffer weight
Aero Forward Assist

Edit to add - notes:
Weight as built, with 5 rd mag, 9lbs 11oz. Could lose a pound if changed the PRS out for a lighter buttstock.
Kudos to the team at Oregon Rifle Works for checking the headspace between the BA barrel and JP bolt.
Went cheap with the hand guard with an Aim Sports one from Optics Planet at $88. I'm impressed with the quality and fitment. I also like the feel of it a lot more than the Aero handguard on my M5E1 AR10.

Last Edited:
I've been told to not go cheap on an AR10 if you want one that is functional and reliable.
My first AR10 was a DPMS Panther, which was designed and sold as an entry level AR10.
The rifle refutes the logic of whoever told you. It was cheap because it was built with cheap parts, and on a good day, it *might* have shot 1.5 MOA.
The FCG wore out, an eliptical hole in the hammer assembly rather than a nice, precise one. Replaced the FCG.
Fun as heck to shoot, though, and still in the family.

Quick questions. Has anybody used this barrel in a build

and has anybody used an Aero/BA upper on a Noreen or other DPMS type (not M5) lower?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top