JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Finally pulled the trigger on a Dillon 650 with all the bells and whistles. Didn't think I would have shot this many rounds since moving to Washington a little over a year ago. Lucky I have a friend that I met at one of the NWFA clean ups who has been reloading for years to help me with the process. Hopefully these garbage cans will keep me busy for some time. :s0003: Running out of room to store all this brass.

I'm sure I'll be asking questions to you pro-loading guys on the forum, so I'm saying Thank You now since you guys have always been a big help to me.....
IMG_4161.JPG

You got an automatic transmission on that there thing, all you gotta do is pull that there handle about a million times to load a million rounds....:eek::eek::eek::p
Nice machine buddy!!! Oh & good luck when you try & sleep after you get it dialed in just right......:D:D:D

Well now all you need that many bullets, primers and powder.
I'd suggest Promo powder.. it works for about anything and is about $10/lb last I checked.

Finally pulled the trigger on a Dillon 650 with all the bells and whistles. Didn't think I would have shot this many rounds since moving to Washington a little over a year ago. Lucky I have a friend that I met at one of the NWFA clean ups who has been reloading for years to help me with the process. Hopefully these garbage cans will keep me busy for some time. :s0003: Running out of room to store all this brass.

I'm sure I'll be asking questions to you pro-loading guys on the forum, so I'm saying Thank You now since you guys have always been a big help to me.....
View attachment 336700
Welcome to re-loading, it's addictive.
What calibers will you start out loading?
What type of bullets will you be using?
Looks like you already built a bench.
I'll pay shipping if you want to get rid of some of that brass....
:s0112:
:D

You got an automatic transmission on that there thing, all you gotta do is pull that there handle about a million times to load a million rounds....:eek::eek::eek::p
Nice machine buddy!!! Oh & good luck when you try & sleep after you get it dialed in just right......:D:D:D

Should be a good time , I'm looking forward to it.

Welcome to re-loading, it's addictive.
What calibers will you start out loading?
What type of bullets will you be using?
Looks like you already built a bench.
I'll pay shipping if you want to get rid of some of that brass....
:s0112:

Started with a few... 9mm, .40 , .45 , .223 , .308. ;)
With quickchange setups.
Large a small primers.
Precision delta for handgun projectiles
MonMouth for the Hornady rifle projectiles.
I might have a few too many :confused:

A Dillon 650 as a first press. Nice !

I'm the type of guy that "according to my wife" has a serious problem with expenses tools...................and toys!, :s0155:

Anytime, anytime!!:D

Will do....... Thank you. Still up in the air for the powder.

Should be a good time , I'm looking forward to it.

Started with a few... 9mm, .40 , .45 , .223 , .308. ;)
With quickchange setups.
Large a small primers.
Precision delta for handgun projectiles
MonMouth for the Hornady rifle projectiles.
I might have a few too many :confused:
Wow, 5 calibers, you're jumping right in there.
You'll be a busy man,
Edit: PD was my go too for pistol bullets too, jacketed that only cost a little more than cast.
I have since changed to coated pistol bullets that shoot smoke free like jacketed, without lube grooves easily feed thru my Hornady bullet feeding dies, and are cheaper than Precision Delta.
jmo
;)

Last Edited:
Two good sources for boolits are rmr reloading out of lewiston id. And everglades ammo out of the gunshine state of florida. Their shipping is warp speed. Just what a reloadaholic needs when the jitters start coming on. One word of caution though. It's gonna get really bad when you discover your pet loads for each gun:s0033:.

View attachment 336700
Just barrel of brass-now you need more guns!!!

For my pistol bullets I use Xtreme plated. They have a new warehouse and ship out of Lewiston. Very fast shipping.

I use a lot of shotgun powders for pistol. Most loads are pretty cheap. Unique and Bullseye have become very expensive and hard to find in my area. Recommend using what is available as the Hazmat fee is kinda prohibitive unless you are buying bulk.

.308 uses medium burning powders. I use 3031, 4064, and 4895. Try a few and use what your rifle likes. I use 4198 for .223.

That's a lot of brass. Makes me wonder if I have that much if I combined it all. Not going to find out...

Xl650 is a great press. I started on one about five years ago now. Just bought my second 650 and bought a 1050 a few months ago. Just wait, you'll want more.

View attachment 336700

I just noticed that you're in Battle Ground... so am I! I'm in the process of moving to a XL650 myself, but I have been reloading on a single stage RCBS for about 35 years. Maybe we can help each other out. If you get stuck, need some general reloading advice, let me know. Likewise as I get my 650 going, I may ping you for any lessons learned in set up of the press..., sound good ?

Nice presswish I still had mine. I bought the quick change heads,both a large and small primer feed so I didn't have to disassemble it ,many primer pick up tubes,both a small ant large powder feeds to make that change easier too.
I stared out slow and the primer alarm went off.
What? 15 minutes and I've done 95 rounds?:eek: ( holds 100,goes off at 95)
What a kick in the patuty it was. Only problem I had with mine was the case feed system didn't like 308 brass. Other than that there wasn't any problems.
The guy that has it now uses the peetatlers out of it and loves it.
As far as bullets,I didn't like Barry's bullets. Seemed the plating wasn't semetrical? and would either ruin the brass or the brass would take the plating off the bullet. This never happened to any other bullets I tried.
Oh yeah. Only other advice I can give is only take on as much as you can concentrate on. Leave the phone,kids,dogs and momma out of the room so there's no mistakes.
That's more for single stage reloading as everything is almost fool proof with the progressive presses
Good luck and have a blast

Sounds like a plan. The gentleman teaching me has had his 650 for many years and has done well in the 50,000 round mark on it. Keep you posted ... thanks

I just noticed that you're in Battle Ground... so am I! I'm in the process of moving to a XL650 myself, but I have been reloading on a single stage RCBS for about 35 years. Maybe we can help each other out. If you get stuck, need some general reloading advice, let me know. Likewise as I get my 650 going, I may ping you for any lessons learned in set up of the press..., sound good ?

Just a learning curve and really looking forward to it. Looks like I will be coping his recipe for now, so it's HS6 for pistols and CFE223 works good in both 223 and 308. Thanks again

Nice presswish I still had mine. I bought the quick change heads,both a large and small primer feed so I didn't have to disassemble it ,many primer pick up tubes,both a small ant large powder feeds to make that change easier too.
I stared out slow and the primer alarm went off.
What? 15 minutes and I've done 95 rounds?:eek: ( holds 100,goes off at 95)
What a kick in the patuty it was. Only problem I had with mine was the case feed system didn't like 308 brass. Other than that there wasn't any problems.
The guy that has it now uses the peetatlers out of it and loves it.
As far as bullets,I didn't like Barry's bullets. Seemed the plating wasn't semetrical? and would either ruin the brass or the brass would take the plating off the bullet. This never happened to any other bullets I tried.
Oh yeah. Only other advice I can give is only take on as much as you can concentrate on. Leave the phone,kids,dogs and momma out of the room so there's no mistakes.
That's more for single stage reloading as everything is almost fool proof with the progressive presses
Good luck and have a blast

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top