JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have always been interested in guns since the age of about 10 when i got my first .22. Since then i have been shooting guns and doing little repairs for friends and family members and lately i have been wanting to get more involved and expand into possibly making this a career. I'm really looking for some advice on where would be a good place to start such as books, videos, good people to contact and talk to about it and possibly shops in the portland metro area and surrounding areas that might offer apprenticeships to people who want to get their foot in the door. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks everyone
Jeremy

Learn to machine at a local CC, take some welding classes. Eventually, go to a school. Trinidad Jr. College, Colorado School of Trades, Yavapai Community College. All have their strong points. Lassen Community College in Susanville, CA also has a program, but cannot in good conscious recommend a school that would require being in California. Unfortunately, not a whole lot of shops around allow apprentices. In my opinion, avoid the mail-order video programs like AGI. I know there are some people who swear by them, but in my opinion, they aren't worth the money.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews