JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'd guess the 12 Gauge from Hell operates at lower pressures than the 700NE, but that's what it is, a guess.

Crazy, that's for sure. I, too, think it would be great for a display item. Makes a 500 S&W look like a 22 Long Rifle!

They get around the DD definition by being "shotshells" for 12ga bores... do know there's rifled shotgun barrels... also, I think there was something about "sporting purpose" that got the .700 NE, and other large caliber rounds exempted from being "DD"s?? :s0092: at least thats what I remember? And is why we don't see 20mm rifles and ammo for sale most times. Unless transferable as DDs.

I had the opportunity to shoot one once ... at $50 a pop. I passed but did enjoy watching others shoot a 1,000 grain bullet at nearly 2,000 fps. :eek:

There are YouTube videos of folks shooting the thing ... impressive to say the least!

For $50 I'd have taken a shot. What are the odds you'd come across someone who owned that beast, let alone brought it to the range AND let you shoot it? Once in a lifetime opportunity for the price of a dinner out.

1606659426225.png

Heck, for only $45.00 whoever wants can come over and I'll smack ya' in the shoulder, as many times as you want, with a hammer and say BANG in your ear. Get it on your Christmas list and have the kids or wife pay for it. Win-Win yeah?

That's unnatural in the slow-mo, Dudes shoulder in the process of disconnecting from Dudes spine ad ribcage. :eek:

Last Edited:
For those who may not have ever seen one ... here is a .700 NE next to a .45 ACP.

Hand loading can get nearly 2,700 fps while pushing a 1,000 gr. bullet! :s0125:

800px-700_NE_Bullet.jpg

Last Edited:
After a lot of reading and more research. It appears most are using slightly modified shotguns to use lower pressure versions of the 700NE in smooth bore shotguns. Getting close to 2000fps, but not much over. With 700NE rounding closer to 2500-3000FPS!!! The projectiles are a bit different in the two. With most that are shooting the 12GFH using custom projectiles from solid copper or custom lead molds.

Both are absolutely bonkers to me and Im thoroughly enjoying learning about both.

Craziest thing I've seen so far was a double barrel rifle in 700NE. Imagine if it could launch both rounds at the same time!!!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top