JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
That's was it's actually called!

12 gauge from hell.

Made from either blown out 50bmg cases with a rim machined into them, or a brass bar machined completely.

Most guns I've learned of so far are either custom actions, or modified single shots with beefier barrels and locking lugs.

This thing launches projectiles in weights up to and beyond 700 grains at anywhere from 1000 FPS to 2500 FPS depending on the actions pressure capability.

1606533417491.jpeg
This video shows the brutality of this round. Surprisingly I don't think he broke his finger.

I dont believe this is 700ne.

From all I've read. These are 3.5" 12 shotshells in a sense.

1606534231779.jpeg
1606534246355.jpeg
1606534377797.jpeg

Those are the dimensions of the .700 nitro case ... so I'm wondering what they are meaning by calling it a 12 gauge shell???
Beats me, I didn't know they were the same. Looking at them side by side, I guess they are.

Learned another thing today.

Was on a shotgun thread in another forum reading up on single shots when I stumbled upon it.

Don't know much about 700 express, so know I'm looking at that online in amazement!

Looking at the two side by side, it's sort of different. The guys using them in shotguns are using 209 primers.

Thats about it.

Watched some videos of 700 nitro express guns!

Wowsa!

I had the opportunity to shoot one once ... at $50 a pop. I passed but did enjoy watching others shoot a 1,000 grain bullet at nearly 2,500 fps. :eek:

There are YouTube videos of folks shooting the thing ... impressive to say the least!

Last Edited:
I had the opportunity to shoot one once ... at $50 a pop. I passed but did enjoy watching others shoot a 1,000 grain bullet at nearly 2,000 fps. :eek:

There are YouTube videos of folks shooting the thing ... impressive to say the least!
I don't think I'd shoot it either. Maybe bucket list type thing, but I'd want to be closer to dead before I check that off the list.

Ill say I'm all of a sudden interested in finding 1 cartridge though. I'll be on gunbroker for a bit!

Most of us consider the 375 H&H as a lot of gun. It looks tiny compared to a 700 NE.
Worst I've done was a 10 gauge HR single shot.

These exotic rounds intrigue me, at the same time they produce as much recoil in foot pounds as I weigh!

1) What is the purpose of this rifle? Is it a DD?

2) It impresses me that he didn't drop it. Ref. the video of the .577 Tyrannosaur, but that rifle probably weighs a lot less.

3) I would imagine this round is getting into retinal detachment territory vis-a-vis recoil. I'll pass, but it's fun to watch somebody else shoot it.

That's was it's actually called!

12 gauge from hell.

Made from either blown out 50bmg cases with a rim machined into them, or a brass bar machined completely.

Most guns I've learned of so far are either custom actions, or modified single shots with beefier barrels and locking lugs.

This thing launches projectiles in weights up to and beyond 700 grains at anywhere from 1000 FPS to 2500 FPS depending on the actions pressure capability.

View attachment 783842
This video shows the brutality of this round. Surprisingly I don't think he broke his finger.
Hmmmmm......Wonder who will be the first to chamber a revolver for it?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top