JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What makes them so expensive? I understand good tools and paying for quality but there seems to be a heck of a gap between good expensive handguns and staccato. Does baby jesus machine them by hand or something?

And for the sake of discussion and relativity (whats cheap to me maybe expensive for joeblow, etc) lets say a $500 glock is a "cheap" handgun in the grand scheme of things. So what makes staccato worth 5-10 glocks?

It's worth that because that's what people are willing to pay for them. Just like some people are willing to spend 3 Glocks worth on a fancy Glock clone.

IMO ive never agreed with the idea a reliable doublestack 1911 cant be made, affordable. The new Springfield is the closest but still in the "midrange upper" price to me. I want to see a sub $1000 production level doublestack 1911 but not certain that will happen. Mostly, people dont want heavy metal and manual external safeties anymore, so my take is its a popularity issue (thumb safeties are still a good idea...). As long as doublestack 1911s are a niche market, they will charge a pretty penny for them.

see also BUL armory...

It's called capitalism. If people will pay it, then they will sell it.

Just my random thoughts on the cost...and I don't own one...but I would like to...

• Higher grade of parts...like Dawson Precision sights
  • Optic cut
  • 3 mags (the mags are NOT cheap...comparatively)
  • Very nice upgraded trigger
  • Better accuracy than a lot of mass produced guns
  • Solid warranty
Whether or not the cost is justified, however, is up to you. Also note that at the $2500-ish price range of the Staccato, you're not far off from Wilson Combat who has several flavors of double stack guns at this point...that are around the $3K range.

Review and video at the linky

IMO ive never agreed with the idea a reliable doublestack 1911 cant be made, affordable. The new Springfield is the closest but still in the "midrange upper" price to me. I want to see a sub $1000 production level doublestack 1911 but not certain that will happen. Mostly, people dont want heavy metal and manual external safeties anymore, so my take is its a popularity issue (thumb safeties are still a good idea...). As long as doublestack 1911s are a niche market, they will charge a pretty penny for them.

see also BUL armory...
Rock island armory makes double stack 1911s for under $1k street price.

Well iffin ya needs a 45 with highs capacities..........They added more to their lineup of models

2011-second-century-2.jpg

Last Edited:
Shoot one, don't take anyone's word who has not shot one.
My 2011 is easily the most accurate semi-auto I've ever shot, there is a reason the top guys in USPCA and IPSC use custom 2011's .
I take mine to wolf creek range on occasionally anyone who sees my 2011 is welcome to try it if they have any doubts of the quality, mines a CK Arms.

Just want to say, as a new member, yall are awesome. From comments like "asking why a lambo is better than a camry" to a blanket offer to shoot one of these baby jesus fiddled pistols, this is great.

I'm a self proclaimed snob. Will a Glock be as accurate and reliable as a $2800 Staccato? Probably. Do I own a few Wilson combats? Absolutely!

I'm a self proclaimed snob. Will a Glock be as accurate and reliable as a $2800 Staccato? Probably. Do I own a few Wilson combats? Absolutely!
I bought a $2000 STI Edge just before they changed to Staccato because I like the basic, heavy metal look of the Edge and it represents the original design.
With it's big Dawson Ice magwell funnel, it's an imposing beast.
Anyone that picks it up, smiles ear to ear.

A Glock can't do that.
It's about what floats your boat and what you can afford.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top