JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I had a Leapers on my rifle when I shot small bore comp. But there is zero recoil, so the best I can tell you is it DID work at all powers and it was pretty clear for a cheap scope. Would I put it on my .338? o_O

I had a Bugbuster on a .22 rifle. It was heavy but surprisingly clear optics for the price. I did have problems with the mechanical side. I sent it back and they replaced it quickly with another. After the second one failed, I tossed it in the trash can.

Having said that, I do have a buddy that loves his. But we both agree that we would never put one on something that we might have to depend on.

Not worth. They are not much better than some UTG stuff or BSA.

I wouldn't use, I'd find a quality used optic of a better reputation if price was a factor.

Serious social work rifle would be an AR. If not red dot/BUIS/holo, I'd use a scout scope.
I have the UTG Accushot Scout scope, 2-7×44. Had it on an AR10. Very good optics, held up superbly, excellent tracking. Big downer was, it's heavy.
Edit to sdd: now use a Leupold 1.5x24 scout scope.

Last Edited:
I have 2 UTG's. A 3-9x32(bugbuster) which has about 10,000 rounds from a 16 fpe spring piston air rifle. Reasonably clear, no mechanical issues and has held a zero. The compact size can make mounting a challenge to get a working eye relief. A bit heavy as stated.
The other is a 4-12x40. Heavy. Has seen 20k+ spring piston air rifle rounds. Held zero, good eye relief, decent glass. Both have thick reticles.
What I do like about both of these is the adjustable objective to 3 and 5 yards respectively. Which i find useful pesting in the backyard. If you've had really nice optics in the past, you'll notice the difference in quality as the UTG are a budget minded scope.

From my experience - not recommended. Bought the 6" Leapers/UTG ITA red-green T-Dot sight on Amazon ($70) this year and had to return it before mounting.
On a quick look it was impressive - I wanted to love it.
Upon closer inspection, I realized the T-Dot reticle was 2 or more degrees off vertical and the rubber eye cup (bonded to the sight tube) was canted as well.
I just couldn't abide.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads