JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So how about Ammoland releasing the leaked document? What we got is Ammoland says they are doing this. but nothing to back that up. When people make claims, I want to see the documents.
If this is true, What laws are they breaking? Its my understanding that your CCW can be reexamined any time. But I'm not sure where the Federal Gov comes into it. As far as I know the Fed is where the BG info comes from.
My question is who is paying for this? DR

Very good question dangerranger60...

Or in 1980's speak :

Where's the Beef..?

I would like to see some documents / "proof" before running around like a pollo minus my cabeza.... :D
A "leaked conference call"....can easily turn into You said this...No I did not....kinda thing...its not what I want as "proof",
Andy

Reading the article raises more questions than answers to me.
Some states, such as Alaska, allow gun buyers to use their concealed carry permits to buy a gun instead of being subjected to a background check through NICS.
So how does the gun get checked in this case?
And if they don't run the buyer through the NICS since the state CCP allows it. That is state law I guess and not federal. Federal can run the buyer at any time since a firearm was purchased and a 7733 completed.

So how about Ammoland releasing the leaked document? What we got is Ammoland says they are doing this. but nothing to back that up. When people make claims, I want to see the documents.
If this is true, What laws are they breaking? Its my understanding that your CCW can be reexamined any time. But I'm not sure where the Federal Gov comes into it. As far as I know the Fed is where the BG info comes from.
My question is who is paying for this? DR
Good questions, seems the info came from a conference call, so they don't have any actual documents which is questionable. Also the authors contact info is at bottom of article maybe send an email for more info.

I don't doubt that the ATF is doing this - with or without the evidence that they are.

The ATF (and in general the gov), has shown numerous times that they really want that gun data. Who owns guns, who bought guns, what kind of guns did they buy? This will eventually lead to confiscation - maybe not in my lifetime, but eventually.

I don't doubt that the ATF is doing this - with or without the evidence that they are.

The ATF (and in general the gov), has shown numerous times that they really want that gun data. Who owns guns, who bought guns, what kind of guns did they buy? This will eventually lead to confiscation - maybe not in my lifetime, but eventually.
Don't forget states complicit in keeping illegal regrestries like OryGun, or the ATF pushing to publish the 4473 files on line instead of the mandate of paper files kept in a storage facility! Having rapid access is the first step in a back door registry, which is why it was mandated those forms be kept locked away with very limited access by limited staff, and searched by hand! Personally, the whole 20 years retaining those forms is way over the line as it is, but helps slow them down and keep them from digitizing it all!
The ATF and many high profile politicians and billionaires wet dream is to use those files for their regrestry, and sidestep the laws that prevent this!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top