JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
..this place is monitored by the antis!

I wonder if that is why they picked the ex Gresham police chief to push that new HB3223. Our site contains posts linking to surveys of street cops who by a huge majority say these anti-gun laws do not affect anything. Some even think it makes things worse.

Here are some:
Police on the street overwhelmingly support gun rights for citizens without police records. Street cops are not political appointees, so they don't have to say what the mayor says.

How about asking experts? What do cops say about guns and violent crime?

Police officers overwhelmingly say it is more important to protect the rights of Americans to own guns than it is to control gun ownership (74% of officers vs. 53% of the public). (Pew Social Trends, January 2017)

The National Association of Chiefs of Police polled 20,000 sheriffs and police officers. 76% say that armed citizens help law enforcement reduce violent crime. They are more pro-gun than the general public. This links to their survey results:

https://crimeresearch.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/NACOP-surveyresults-2016.pdf

PoliceOne, an organization of about 380,000 active and 70,000 retired officers, surveyed 16,000 members on the gun control in 2013.
71% say a ban on so-called "assault weapons" would have no effect on violent crime.
20% say it would make crime worse. This is a link to their results
http://ddq74coujkv1i.cloudfront.net/p1_gunsurveysummary_2013.pdf

These are the experts. These are the guys I believe. And when companies like Gallup survey Americans, they poll 1000-2000 people and extrapolate. These two polls were 20,000 and 16,000 cops respectively. So the confidence level is huge.

I am in the Washington County area. And would gladly meet up with other members for a beer and a bite to get things rolling. Even if it is something as simple as showing up to town halls together (usually only attended by one MomsDemand type and a dozen others), or more elaborate like lining up one-on-one sessions with our legislators, etc.

I am in.

And while checking my email while signing up for reddit, I saw this from my 'representative' in District 33.

My next two town halls will be on Saturday, March 23. The first will be held at 10 am (with Senator Elizabeth Steiner Hayward and Rep. Ken Helm) at the St. Vincent Hospital Souther Auditorium in the East Pavilion. The second one will be at 2pm that same day (with Senator Steiner Hayward) in the Good Sam Hospital Auditorium, 1040 NW 22nd Ave.

Hayward is co-sponsor of the HB3223 gun ban bill. It is also the day for the rally. :(

Then again, people in Washington COunty can start by taking action at the town hall, and showing up a little late to the Rally?
Or if for some reason they are not able to attend the rally, attend the Townhall instead. Our voices need to be heard!

I know myself well enough that I couldn't fill the shoes of a leader that you're looking for. I do know I can help in some capacity though and am willing to do so. Please keep us updated so folks can step up where and when they can. I applaud you for what you're doing.

It does sound a bit ambitious, but don't let that that stop you from starting. You can always hand off the the task of managing the garden after getting the seeds planted, so to speak. Just starting as a point of contact in your district for other people to coalesce around can help.

I am in the Washington County area. And would gladly meet up with other members for a beer and a bite to get things rolling. Even if it is something as simple as showing up to town halls together (usually only attended by one MomsDemand type and a dozen others), or more elaborate like lining up one-on-one sessions with our legislators, etc.

I am in.
With enough advanced notice I should be able to meet up.

I can provide a discussion on Propaganda Techniques that can be employed to counter the anti-gun propaganda that you read and hear about. If something was organized I could make a presentation which would assist in your counter-attack. Thanks. Washington County.

If these organizers want to set up a meeting for information on the Propaganda antigun campaign we can do that. The emphasis is on techniques of communication. Amazon has cheap books on this subject. The anti-gunners are very well skilled at this.

If these organizers want to set up a meeting for information on the Propaganda antigun campaign we can do that. The emphasis is on techniques of communication. Amazon has cheap books on this subject. The anti-gunners are very well skilled at this.
Maybe I should read some of those. I try to observe propaganda in action. Something triggers my BS detector when I hear it. But defining it in a way that identifies it to the casual onlookers who are also hearing/seeing it is a little harder.

I wonder if we could set up a new sub forum? Separate it out for each of the districts. Maybe a private forum for members only in that district?
That would be ideal if NWFA could put something like that together. Until then we have to work with what we have. Reddit can fill that role to a degree but with added steps being outside the NWFA forum.

Oh my! How is it possible this started Saturday and only two people have stepped up? I will take district 16 please and thank you. I just subscribed on reddit. Watching who will be district 15 since we are so close it makes sense to work together more.

Quick update: @LuckySG has volunteered to take on HD16, thank you. I have two other NWFA members who are interested in taking on HD19 and HD39. Two other reddit members expressed interest in HD 27 and HD38. It may seem like a slow roll out but I am not complaining. Thanks to all who have stepped up so far and to those who have offered to help.

We had our first meeting last night (SD 33, but will call it Washington County for now). It was great to finally put a face to the names and shake hands in person, and break tasty bread-n-beer together. No one was a stranger by the end of the evening.

We shared info and perspectives on various 2nd A topics, and what we thought we could do as a group to be more than just keyboard warriors. The team walked away with some plans and the knowledge that we are not alone in this struggle.

For those of you wanting to get involved, but maybe intimidated by the potential responsibilities, I'm hear to tell you it was easy to make a reservation for 6 (just like you were meeting up with friends for a night out, which we were) and send out a few invites via messaging/email/txt/phone just to let people know whats up and if they were interested. And then let the discussion develop at the meeting as people showed up, with some weight towards "what can we do next". (note: plenty of opinions on this board, or I can recommend some places to get started as well, if you are not sure of "what can we do next"). You don't have to wear a suit, or be a "motivational speaker" to organize.

We will be setting up another get together before the rally in March for those in the Washington County area for those of you who want to check it out. A second opportunity for those if you didn't know/on the fence/or couldn't make it.

Or if you were thinking about jumping in and signing up, but not sure about it, send me a msg and we can talk.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top