JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just ordered some Falcon lead bullets. I've always used jacketed or plated so this is a first. My question is, do you need to lube the lead? I've read multiple articles and think it is recommended? If so, what do you lube with? The pictures I've seen shows filling a contained and dropping in the bullets prior to loading. Is there any specific product, method or requirements?
Thanks

almost all of their pics are showing lubed bullets..it's the blue ring around the bullet.
However,when u click on 'pistol bullets' it shows a pile of un-lubed bullets,so it is kind of confusing.
I'd be willing to be they are lubed,but they don't say ANTHING bout it. they have a facebook page,you might ask them directly.

I've never found a place that sells unlubed bullets unless you order them that way... the sizers (machines that size cast bullets so they are of proper uniform diameter) both put lube on the bullets, and require the bullets to be lubed in order to operate properly.

I've never found a place that sells unlubed bullets unless you order them that way... the sizers (machines that size cast bullets so they are of proper uniform diameter) both put lube on the bullets, and require the bullets to be lubed in order to operate properly.

I've never purchased a cast bullet that wasn't lubed either. Unfortunately none of them uses a lube that doesn't smoke like hell.

I was shooting a batch of casts one day and the RSO came out to tell me that I was a little "smokey" and could I space my shooting out some so the Vent System could catch up. Like maybe a couple of minutes or so between mags. Seems like the other shooters in the bay were complaining they couldn't see their 25 yard targets:cool: The bullets were Laser Cast from Oregon Trail.

That smoke is what keeps the bullets from leading...

IIRC Laser Cast is using RCBS lube, I've had good luck with the no-longer-made Zambini pistol lube from rooster labs, it still smokes, but has better handling characteristics than the RCBS lube (tends to flake off).

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top