JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My favorite way to beat the cost and shortages of jacketed bullets is to cast my own. The satisfaction of reloading your own cartridges is amplified by using your own cast bullets. Everything from the alloy chosen, to the design of the mold, to the sizing die and bullet lube, everything can be varied to suit your search for accuracy or ballistic performance. There is even a discussion forum just for boolit casting enthusiasts. The number one question for many people is, where can I get lead ingots.

If you live anywhere near Seattle you can get exactly what you need at Non-Ferrous Metals, located in the old industrial zone near the Duwamish river. Call ahead of time and they can prepare just about any casting alloy you want, from pure lead to linotype equivalent. My last order was 50 lbs of 20:1 lead tin alloy, just right for mixing with my hefty stock of leftover commercial lead bullets made from "hard cast" material that is too hard for my tastes. These are nice people, modern facility, easy to deal with. Location is a little difficult to find, but a reliable supplier. Check out their web site - www.nfmetals.com

Non Ferrous Metals, Inc.
230 S. Chicago St.
Seattle, WA 98108

Phone: 206-762-3600
Fax: 206-763-0606

Hours:

Monday – Friday, 8:00AM – 4:30 PM

Closed: Saturday / Sunday

E: The 20:1 alloy I got was $3.25/lb including sales tax. The problem with buying lead online is the shipping cost, which is avoided with cash and carry. - CW

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top