JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Considering buying a Ruger LCRx in .22 rimfire with a 3" barrel.

Read a lot about the heavy DA trigger pull - 18-20#

Ruger claims it is need to reliably ignite rimfire primers. My S&W 43 Kit gun doesn't have that heavy of a trigger pull, although it is probably heavier than my centerfire revolvers (I do not have a trigger pull gauge). I am not particularly bothered by the idea of a heavy DA trigger pull on a .22 rimfire revolver as I almost always shoot them single action (indeed, I shoot most of my revolvers single action) but I question the need.

Is the Ruger SP101 in .22 that heavy? Others?

For the life of me I don't know why 22lr revolvers are so pricey. I think they're neat though and will eventually get one. A while back I picked up the Ruger SR22. Very cool little gun. Ten round magazines.

Its main selling point..

"CA Approved: No"

and it probably goes bang reliably.. lol

For me, it is lightweight and reliable and one can never have too many rimfire guns.

I found one (new) for $75 to $100 off what other retailers are selling for.

I already have a lightweight .22 kit gun (S&W 43 Airweight), but it is a collectible, in good condition, it cost me a pretty penny (about twice what I found this LCRx for) and I don't want to beat it up.

I think the ones I have felt had at least a 18-20 pound trigger. Really, really, really terrible. The single action trigger was not that great either at about what felt like 6-7 pounds. Too bad... perfect size little 22 revolver, but I won't be spending a dime on one until the trigger is lighter or somebody makes a good aftermarket set up for them down in the 6lb range on double and down to the 1lb range on single action.

Well I just got my plain vanilla LCR 22LR out and it is DAO as you know, 12 pounds, but I perceive it to be less, like 8 or 9. I like mine and just ordered a GP-100 in 22LR with a 4" barrel. It should be in Monday, $565. Pricey, but $220 less than a S&W 617.