LCRx .22 3"?

Discussion in 'Revolvers' started by The Heretic, Aug 12, 2017.

1. The Heretic

The Heretic
    Oregon

Considering buying a Ruger LCRx in .22 rimfire with a 3" barrel.

Read a lot about the heavy DA trigger pull - 18-20#

Ruger claims it is need to reliably ignite rimfire primers. My S&W 43 Kit gun doesn't have that heavy of a trigger pull, although it is probably heavier than my centerfire revolvers (I do not have a trigger pull gauge). I am not particularly bothered by the idea of a heavy DA trigger pull on a .22 rimfire revolver as I almost always shoot them single action (indeed, I shoot most of my revolvers single action) but I question the need.

Is the Ruger SP101 in .22 that heavy? Others?

2. cigars

cigars
    Beaverton, USA
    Cav Scout/Armorer/Cold War/Communist Borders Platinum Supporter 2016 Volunteer

For the life of me I don't know why 22lr revolvers are so pricey. I think they're neat though and will eventually get one. A while back I picked up the Ruger SR22. Very cool little gun. Ten round magazines.

3. The Heretic

The Heretic
    Oregon

They pretty much cost the same in materials and labor as a centerfire revolver.

4. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf
    SE Portland

Its main selling point..

"CA Approved: No"

and it probably goes bang reliably.. lol

5. The Heretic

The Heretic
    Oregon

For me, it is lightweight and reliable and one can never have too many rimfire guns.

I found one (new) for $75 to $100 off what other retailers are selling for.

I already have a lightweight .22 kit gun (S&W 43 Airweight), but it is a collectible, in good condition, it cost me a pretty penny (about twice what I found this LCRx for) and I don't want to beat it up.

6. Kruejl

Kruejl
    Hillsboro
    Moderator of the Coriolis effect Staff Member Gold Supporter

Had one. The DA trigger was miserable. Sold it.

The Heretic likes this.
  7. Greenbug

Greenbug
    Bend

I think the ones I have felt had at least a 18-20 pound trigger. Really, really, really terrible. The single action trigger was not that great either at about what felt like 6-7 pounds. Too bad... perfect size little 22 revolver, but I won't be spending a dime on one until the trigger is lighter or somebody makes a good aftermarket set up for them down in the 6lb range on double and down to the 1lb range on single action.

8. Kruejl

Kruejl
    Hillsboro
    Moderator of the Coriolis effect Staff Member Gold Supporter

Even after well over 500 dry fires on #4 drywall anchors the trigger still was miserable.

MasterChief1 likes this.
  9. Pandaz3

Pandaz3
    Cornelius, Oregon
    NRA Lifetime Member Platinum Supporter Gold Supporter Bronze Supporter

Well I just got my plain vanilla LCR 22LR out and it is DAO as you know, 12 pounds, but I perceive it to be less, like 8 or 9. I like mine and just ordered a GP-100 in 22LR with a 4" barrel. It should be in Monday, $565. Pricey, but $220 less than a S&W 617.

The Heretic likes this.
  10. aflineman

aflineman
    Both South of Eugene and East of Portland.

My M43 trigger is quite a bit less than my 3"LCRx, but it does misfire on double action once in awhile. As I have not fired the LCRx yet, I am not sure on double action misfires on it. Maybe soon I will get to some spare time to go shoot it.

11. Pandaz3

Pandaz3
    Cornelius, Oregon
    NRA Lifetime Member Platinum Supporter Gold Supporter Bronze Supporter

One good thing about a double action Rimfire, you can just keep clicking and when you get back to the errant round it will often fire.