JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, I picked this up the other day & finally got around to shooting it. I'm not recoil sensitive,
(I thought)
I've got magnum this & magnum that,
but shooting full house 158's is no fun at all!
Kind of like holding out your hand to get smacked with a bat.
lcr357.jpg

Last Edited:
I don't mind the recoil with mine and 357 carry rounds.
Maybe try some 38's for practice to eliminate the woos factor......:p

I carry Speer Gold Dot 125 grain +P in my S&W 642 as a defense round, but I've got to confess they aren't a really comfortable round to shoot. When I go to the range I warm up with some regular .38 but always run at least three wheels full of the defense round. They're accurate, I can hit with them, but I don't really love the experience.....:D I'm partial to Gold Dots but there are several no kidding .38+P rounds that are no joke. Might give them a try.

I like the gold dot 135 short bbl load for my light j-frame 38's.
This 357 stuff is a whole new ballgame. but..
Its what I wanted:)

I like the gold dot 135 short bbl load for my light j-frame 38's.
This 357 stuff is a whole new ballgame. but..
Its what I wanted:)

Those Short Barrel rounds are king in these kind of guns. Makes the most out of those stubby tubes. When Speer first hit with this idea I bought some +P SB124grGDHP for my sub compact 9mm. Stuff showed a big difference is the fire ball at the end of the pistol. It was easy to see, feel, and hear that the round was using a lot more of the powder for what it's for. All during the last great panic the stuff was all but impossible to find so I was glad I had laid in plenty. In your little wheel gun here it's sure as hell not going to be fun but, that's not what those are for of course. Many compacts are of course a lot of trade off. Even my Ruger LCPII is not fun after a couple mag fulls. When it was new I ran a couple hundred rounds through it to make sure it was 100%. It was down right painful by the end :)
At least with this little wheel gun you don't have to run hundreds through it to know it works. Nice guns.

I have a 327 Federal and using American Eagle 100 grain is punishing. I bought the longer Hogue Tamer grip and that helped some as I had more hand on the grip. Mine cam with the same boot grip you have

You could also try using 357 Cowboy Action loads in 357.

I'll probably stick to the grips that are on it. From what research I've done, they seem to be the best compromise between concealment & comfort. I might grind down the bottom of the grip to trim it up a bit. If I screw that up I'll just get another pair. Pretty much none of my J-frame holsters work with this gun, so I've got an IWB holster on order & a replacement front night sight. That ought to be about it for this rig.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top