JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I bought a new LCR in 327 Federal Magnum about Thanksgiving because it was a six shooter instead of a five I was looking for a little more meat to grasp than the stock Hogue Tamer Grip. So looking at the Hogue website, I thought the <broken link removed> looked good so I ordered a set and I put them on they fit nice and felt good dry firing. Today we went to the range and I took a box of Black Hills 'Cowboy Action' 32 H&R Magnum semi wad cutters, and a box of American Eagle 327 Federal Magnum JSP 100 Grain.

I fired half the H&R, very pleasant and controllable, but it smoked, literally smoked as they were lubed lead rounds and the heat of going through the barrel burnt some of the lube and that smoked, giving away my position in lane three. Fun though. Then tried the 327 Federal, Holy smokes and it was smokeless Wowzer what a painful difference. It just pounded the web of my hand! Tightening both hands helped a little, but six rounds seemed enough for me.

I will order and try these <broken link removed> from Hogue using the 327 Federal. The Piranha grips will see good use on the 22 LR LCR.

Does anyone know of a better alternative?

Yes I ordered the rubber ones and will try them with the 327 Federal when able. I did shoot pretty fair groups with the 32 H&R, I am definitely going to put the Piranha one on the 22 where it is likely to enhance its accuracy. The grips feel great and are more controllable with the lighter loads.

Wayno I have the second one. I don't think they are too heavy, but not meant for 38 +P or 327 Magnum or 357 Magnum. Great on 22 LR or 22 Magnum though

I have the Hogue Tamer grip on my 327 lcr, and like it much better than the smaller grip. I've used them on the lcrx also. I'd only use the small grip for maximum concealment. :)

Yeah I think with the Eagle I would have the same problem with the 327 Federal. Brent has the same grip Nick's wife has (but probably black) and he has a 327 Federal, I have the same on order that Brent has. I like the appearance of the Eagle Grips, I might get a set and try them on the wife's 38 (Regular, not +P)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top