JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Has anyone here had a LCR for very long? How are they standing up? Durability, timing, trigger, finish, etc...
If you have a .38+p, do you wish you had a .357?
I was really looking at a 2" SP101, but after I tried the trigger on a LCR... I'm only looking to shoot .38+p but aluminum makes me leary.
I welcome any experiences.

Have had mine for more than a year and a half. Put maybe 500 through it with no issues. Carried every day for most of that time and really shows no holster wear at all.

Read an article in a mag at the store waiting for wife where they put 5000 through one and the cylinder gap only grew .002.

I had one for wa short time. Ironically, the plastic part gave me no problems even though that was the part I was worried about. The cylinder release broke on mine the first week of shooting. Sent it back to get it repaired and it came back with a bent ejector. When I sent it back for that my dealer allowed me to trade it in on another gun.

I no longer trust anything in a gun rag.

I agree. Never see a bad review on any gun, most have a big ad for the reviewed gun right on the opposite page.

The best place to research is here and other forums. My experience has been good, PBP's bad.

One more to look at in Smiths new Bodyguard .38. They look comprable and can be had cheaper I think.

I saw an article on the new Body Guard snub, and unless you're left handed, I say...yuck.
My prefered CC piece used to be a stainless internal hammer .357mag S&W (can't remember the model number).
I will most likely get a 2" DAO SP101, to be a "little brother" to my GP100. I just want to examine the LCR route before I make a choice.
I'll only going to be feeding it .38+p for SD, more to keep from having all that powder being wasted out in front of the muzzle, than because of recoil.
So I was wondering if anyone could persuade me to buy, or not buy, the LCR instead of the SP101.
If I could get a .38+p cylinder with the .357mag's stainless frame (scaled down to .38+p proportions), I would like the LCR better.
Still would like to hear more from any body who has owned, carried and shot this gun alot in either .38+p or .357mag.

I saw an article on the new Body Guard snub, and unless you're left handed, I say...yuck.
My prefered CC piece used to be a stainless internal hammer .357mag S&W (can't remember the model number).
I will most likely get a 2" DAO SP101, to be a "little brother" to my GP100. I just want to examine the LCR route before I make a choice.
I'll only going to be feeding it .38+p for SD, more to keep from having all that powder being wasted out in front of the muzzle, than because of recoil.
So I was wondering if anyone could persuade me to buy, or not buy, the LCR instead of the SP101.
If I could get a .38+p cylinder with the .357mag's stainless frame (scaled down to .38+p proportions), I would like the LCR better.
Still would like to hear more from any body who has owned, carried and shot this gun alot in either .38+p or .357mag.
If it was me, I would get the SP101 in a heartbeat. A good holster and belt will make it easy to carry. The LCR is a cool idea but it is still too big to pocket carry IMO. So you loose the main reason for it being so light.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top