JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Bought it today, brought it home and tested. It takes a little getting used to. Certainly different than what I'm used to. Especially the trigger. I had one FTF, but it fired after turning it in the chamber.....might have fired second time around without turning, but I had already ejected it. Ammo was Federal HP bulk. About 100 rounds.

Impressed with accuracy from a 1 7/8" barrel. Shoots dead center horizontally but low, with top of the front sight even with the top of the rear. I may have to file it (front sight) down some. I'll wait awhile. It could be me.

This target was fired from about 18' off hand, two hand hold. Target is 4"x4" post-It note. Tiny holes are a test of bird shot (one round) fired from about 8'. Total pattern was about 12" at that range. Bird shot is unknown brand (H headstamp). Crimped brass.

LCR22.jpg

Fired a test target from 30 feet and results show it is ~5" low and ~2" left of the POA. Dropped Ruger a note and they said send it in for service. Sent it in today. It will be interesting to see how they fix it.

Target.jpg

Got it back two days ago with report saying they couldn't repeat any of the problems I mentioned. I test fired it again and had the same result. I installed the CT laser grips and sighted it in at 21 ft. Then I tested for accuracy using the laser and a bipod to remove my shakes. The target is a 4"x4" Post-It Note and POA is the piece of masking tape. The range is a measured 21' (7 yards). 12 rounds on the target.

12rdslaser21ftbipod.jpg

I also tested with various brands of ammo. Previously, Stingers would stick and required a sharp rap with my palm on the extractor rod to release them. Now they slide right out. Examining the chambers reveals that they are now polished and very smooth. A before and after photo below.

cylbeforeandafter.jpg

12rdslaser21ftbipod.jpg

cylbeforeandafter.jpg