JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Im in need of a deep concealment pistol that will replace my 21a 22lr, my g27 is good for winter cloths, but when indoors or summer, Its too bulky. The 22 not quite enough... I'm in the market for a 380 pistol, I plan on using a kangaroo holster, pocket holster or belt clip (iwb) depending on the situation, So:

I was planning on getting an LCP talo engraved edition:
37141.jpg

until I saw this: Kevin%20707%20zprava.jpg

Now I'm stuck... Here's where we are at, I got the ok from the CFO (wife) but I must choose which one... (first... I think I might get both some day, but for now)

And YES it absolutely needs to be engraved/ customized, I will be wearing this when out, and if I must use it, I want to be stylin!

I'm 100% into the MDE, except for the fact that there are no laser sight options out there.

The lcp-$350 pros:
-slide already engraved
-lighter by 3.5oz
-slightly thinner
-laser sights on the market
-pocket clip from p3at fits
-slide hold lock
Cons:
-looks less attractive (IMO)
-plastic frame
-longer length
-not a huge ruger fan (except for mkiii 22's)

MDE- $299 pros:
-looks way better (IMO)
-less felt recoil
-all metal frame and slide
-shorter length
-retarded gas blowback (cz design and reliability)
-slightly better sights (still not great)
Cons:
-i would have to have the slide engraved and re dipped
-heavier
-no laser sight options

Am I missing anything here? Ideas???

The way the mag sticks out looks kinda goofy if you ask me. Id get the one which either shoots better. However if you really are planning to get both eventually, get the one which will go down in price less.

The LCP HAS a slide lock, it does not lock in the open position when empty. I love mine. I carry it when wearing athletic shorts and a t shirt (plus or minus a hoodie). It just disappears. I am never tempted to leave it at home, and when my clothes just won't hide a sub-compact 9mm, it's my LCP all th way.

your lcp is broken.it is the wonderful keltek p3at that has no lock .i have put over 1000 rounds through my lcp and carried it fulltime for over a year .the blueing is starting to wear a little but ive never had any problems minus with tula ammo .380 tula ammo no good

We are going to have ours hard chromed as soon as we break them in

I like the pimped MDE. The frame is engraved too, so the whole gun would need refinishing. Might as well gold plate it. :)

At this point I'm leaning to a MDE, the $299 price at cdnn is come and gone since feb 2011, now everyone wants $400+ for it, so it might be a bit until I find a good price...

I would most likely get the blued version, strip it to white, engrave it, give it a high mirror polish and go with hard chrome, or gold... And make some nice burlwood grips up too... I have always drooled over some of the ridiculous cartel guns. I would like a over the top EDC pistol. I think some day I'll get the CZ "evolve" engraved pistol for a BBQ / Open carry gun:
cz_engraving_PI-32.png

I am forming a new LLC to market our maple burl, quilts. pinks and such.. let me know if you want a chunk and I'll cut you a special deal

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top