JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ruger currently has a trade in program for the LC9. You take your current hammer equipped LC9 to a Local Gun Store willing to trade with you for a LC9s with striker fire, You agree and pay for the difference and while the dealer should naturally be making a profit. Ruger will sweeten the deal some by giving you a $100 credit at their online store. (While the products are good quality, they are not bargains, usually)

I was considering it, But my LC9 shoots fine, just a long long trigger pull. The pull is smooth and the gun is accurate. I did pocket carry this gun for a bit during the XDS recall and it was comfortable to me. I am not a fan of the external safety is my primary concern The LC9s Pro has no external safety.. Still there is nothing inherently wrong with the LC9 so why Pony up for something only a little nicer.

My wife and I have the LC9Pro and really like them. I traded my LC9s in for it be because I didn't like the safety. I did the same for my wife and she likes her Pro more as well. That being said, if you like you LC9 keep it and save the money.

Just curious, this has to be costing Ruger some bucks. So, why are they doing it? Is there a problem with the LC9 that is prompting them to want it off the market? Seems like most companies wouldn't do something like this just to make their customers happy - happy doesn't necessarily make shareholders happy.

Just curious, this has to be costing Ruger some bucks. So, why are they doing it? Is there a problem with the LC9 that is prompting them to want it off the market? Seems like most companies wouldn't do something like this just to make their customers happy - happy doesn't necessarily make shareholders happy.
Money is a funny thing when it comes to marketing. You can spend millions on ads or spend money on something like this. Word of mouth travels fast in the gun community, it improves Ruger's image and goes directly to their target audience. They aren't wasting advertising dollars on people who don't care. They have book keepers and marketing people, they have an idea if what it's going to cost and figure their is "worth" for their brand on that cost.

Well I am not a fan of the long trigger pull, but you can work with it, I guess the same for the external safety. I do or did have a 9MM XDS, and it filled the same niche the LC9s Pro would. but now that I have a Crimson Trace green Laserguard on thee XDS my wife is more interested in that one now so a trade might be worth it. Guess I'll have to ask what the difference will be.

Well I knew it would be a problem when I went into the LGS and they had three used LC9 pistols in the showcase. It would mean taking $100 or $125 for my existing LC9. I would still pay $300 or so for mine if I was looking. It does shoot well once you are past the long (but very smooth) trigger pull. Reliable too. I'll keep it.

Well the new Pro has a nice 5 pound trigger pull that seems a lot lighter than my hammered version's 6 pounder. My new 327 LCR has a 10 pound trigger. I have a new spring gauge and have been trying it on everything.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews