JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I will elaborate:
I placed 8 cans about 6 feet away in a circle around me . I was able to rapidly shoot 7 out of 8 cans as I point shot the cans that surrounded me in the circle. I shot with my dominant hand only. My other hand was down by my side. First try. I did not use the sights. I just pointed straight out toward each can and shot as fast as I could. Bottom line is: My shooting partner is now selling his S&W snubbie for an LC9. This is how a gun should be used in a close defensive situation IMO.

They are good carry guns, nice deep conceal. I have the Lasermax and added a round to two of my clips, for 8+1 which is a lotta 9 for as tiny as this pistol is. I use the 7 round clip for lighter clothing, it's amazing how much that 1 round add on will print. I've got about 750-1,000 rounds through it I have been carrying it for a few months now. It's not my favorite shooter, but it has never had any failure of any kind, Which is the batting average I'm looking for in a carry gun. Kholster will ship you a baby moon IWB holster for $45, the gun doesn't touch your body anywhere. it is comfortable and holds the gun securely. I don't love the loaded chamber indicator, Mine is always loaded so it's redundant. I have only used the hex key lock once because it came locked from the factory when we opened it. The thumb safety is a breeze to operate, so if you must have a safety on a small carry 9 this is your gun. trigger pull is long but predicable and smooth. The comment in the review is very accurate, my dad bought this gun for my mom, neither of them could shoot it well and after getting a full sized striker fired pistol, they hated it. so it was given to me because I can shoot it with some level of proficiency, as can my son. I've met ladies that like them and shoot them well, and men that don't. I would strongly advise that you shoot one before you buy it. The laser works well in low light, but I can easily pick up the front sight on a target in the daytime, long before I can ever pick up the laser.

My only gripe with the LC9 is the crazy long DAO trigger. A DAK system would have been nice for something with this long of trigger pull to get some faster follow-up shots.

I used to own an LC9. I started pulling the trigger in late 2011. That first shot broke in Feb, 2012. By October, I had mastered LC9 rapid fire, and was capable of dumping an entire mag in 8 1/2 days.

Yeah.

The pull is long.

You can get a trigger job from these guys and turn the lc9 into a shooter here:
Galloway Precision

I don't for two reasons, I have guns that are nice shooters, they don't deep conceal well, but they are buttery smooth, Beretta 92FS, Browning Buckmark, Smith and Wesson 686, That's not what the lc9 is for, its a carry pistol, it's a tool that is up to the job should I need it, and not readily apparent that I have it, Which seems to be more valuable as the gun debate rages on.

Secondly, I see some reports of the gun having some reliability issues after the new parts are in, not acceptable, this gun is stone reliable, has to be. The day it isn't, I will get a trigger job for it and spend more time shooting it for fun.

I know a lot of people have issues with the long trigger pull.
However it was made to be a deep concealment pistole and the trigger is not much
Different then a revolver. It is smooth and crisp all the way through.
I did remove the mag saftey. I don't like the idea of my gun no working with out
The mag. I rather have the capability in it being a single shot
Then a rock.

My only gripe with the LC9 is the crazy long DAO trigger. A DAK system would have been nice for something with this long of trigger pull to get some faster follow-up shots.

I don't like shooting the LC9 at targets (trigger is a pain in the aft) but it is reliable so if you look at it as a skinny 8 shot revolver then I think it has a place. I'd rather have a Shield just because of the trigger.

I do think its possible to get used to the long trigger on the LC9 but since mostly shoot SAO, DA/SA, and Glocks so going to the LC9 takes about a magazine to remember where the trigger breaks.

I used to own an LC9. I started pulling the trigger in late 2011. That first shot broke in Feb, 2012. By October, I had mastered LC9 rapid fire, and was capable of dumping an entire mag in 8 1/2 days.

Yeah.

The pull is long.

LOL big time

I got the LC9 and it's little sister in 380. Like shooting the 380 a lot better, but the ammo will break the bank. I already load for my M9.

Another note - I am very impressed so far with my Walther PPQ

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top