JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I had a nice chat with the head of campus security today. He claimed to have been an in instructor in concealed carry and defensive handgun for 30 years. He said it is legal to carry on campus, and you will not be kicked out of school for carrying, ventualy you WILL print, or WILL show your gun, and the cops WILL be called. He stated they will come as HUNTER/KILLERS and it bill be a four angency call. He highly recomended not carrying because of this. He stated that if your gun acidentally shows it is BRANDISHING and OPEN CARRY is illegal in public places. I left it at that and well you know my feelings.

Use good gear. I carried a full size CZ-75 when I was in college and I am a skinny guy. I used a leather IWB holster molded to my gun and a stiff, thick gun belt. Prints if you bend over, so drop to one knee instead. Pee through your zipper hole at the bathroom. Be smart about it and keep it concealed. Even if you do print, probably no one will notice. Nobody expects you to have a gun so they won't be thinking "oh look the grip of a pistol" when they see somethin poking your shirt out a little bit. If it concerns you, get a tiny pocket gun like a sig p238 or something. No WAY will anyone see that one.

The point of the post is how uneducated this guy is in carry and laws and he is head of security. I carry a sig229r daily and have not nor do I worry about it, but I wanted to know the schools outlook just in case. And I have a Sig p238 on order. :D

The point of the post is how uneducated this guy is in carry and laws and he is head of security. I carry a sig229r daily and have not nor do I worry about it, but I wanted to know the schools outlook just in case.
Lol, okay. I was wondering if you believed those parts about accidental show = brandishing and open carry being illegal in public places.

And I have a Sig p238 on order. :D
Hee, I just got mine. So cute! :3

I wouldn't have even thought of asking the "public safety" at my school about this sort of thing. They were pretty useless. A bunch of fat guys that go around putting parking tickets on cars. Whenever anyone causes a problem of any sort (drunk, smoking pot, etc.) they call the real cops. The only useful thing they do is open locked doors for people and it usually takes them like 45 minutes to do it (btw I can walk across the campus in 5-6 minutes).

Your security guy may have been exposed to some LBCC second hand smoke. CCW printing would not constitute a brandishing charge. (Wait maybe thats B.S. i smell...)

He needs to lay off the wacky tobacky!

T_H

:bsflag:

Wow, a security guard is full of crap? First time for everything.

Also, "brandishing" isn't a crime in Oregon. It's called menacing, and there's no way you'd get charged with that for printing.

This is a HUGE thread revival.

Some notes:

Linn-Benton Community College ADMINISTRATIVE RULE NO: 1025-01

States "Workplace" referencing to an employee of the campus.

Their second rule:
Linn-Benton Community College ADMINISTRATIVE RULE NO: 5095-03
States:
Prohibited items may include but are not limited to illegal drugs, prescription drugs used without a current and valid prescription, alcohol used outside of the regulations for use specified in AR 5045-01 (Use of College Facilities, Section I. Food and Drink), weapons (as defined in AR 1025-01), any items of an obscene, harassing, demeaning, or violent nature which may be in violation of state and federal law, and any property in the possession or control of a person who does not have authorization from the known owner of such property to possess or control the property.

Weapons as defined by an employee of the campus, not student.

Another reference is found on:
Linn-Benton Community College ADMINISTRATIVE RULE NO: 7030-01
Under policy: 8.r
  1. Possession or use, without written authorization, of firearms, explosives, dangerous chemicals, substances, instruments or other weapons on college-owned or controlled property or at college-sponsored or supervised functions;

As a recent student there and just completing my first week back after 18 years, I'm going to stand by this:
Declaration of Independence said:
We hold these truths to be sacred & undeniable; that all men are created equal & independent, that from that equal creation they derive rights inherent & inalienable, among which are the preservation of life, & liberty, & the pursuit of happiness; ...

Peace out folks!

-Dyjital

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top