JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Don't know if this place has been brought up here before? I don't think I had ever heard of them. Ran across them, looked ok so I placed an order just to try them out. Of course if they turn out to be less than stellar shall we say I guess I will think should have asked first, not after an order :) Anyway only placed a small order to try them out, seems like big place so curious if anyone here has experience with them?

I used to go to the range that's attached to their facility, and in the process I bought and shot quite a bit of their product. It's OK, some better than others. Their reman is OK for range ammo, sometimes a little light to cycle my G19 reliably. Their fresh manufactured and outside sourced ammo was fine.

Bought 1,000 rds from them last month. I'll see if I can drudge up my ruminations on them, as I have posted them here once already. Please stand by...

The 380 'range' grade I got from them is some of the more accurate stuff I have!
Have ordered several times and never a problem. Buy with confidence. They are a reloader so sometimes they have pretty good deals too.

Bought 1,000 rds from them last month. I'll see if I can drudge up my ruminations on them, as I have posted them here once already. Please stand by...
Thanks I take it you must have got what you paid for or you would remember them. I had just never heard of them that I remember. So figured what the hell will give them a shot see what happens. Did not want to put a lot of money into the place till I had tried it or heard from others who have. Was kind of surprised anything "gun" could survive in CA :D

Was kind of surprised anything "gun" could survive in CA
One thing I learned about LA is that there are so many people in the area, it can support what one might imagine would be the very most niche hobby fairly comfortably. The joke at the range was they closed at 10pm, so you could come down before that and shoot inside, or, since it was in Inglewood, you could come after closing and shoot outside.

Many moons ago, I tried out a range and decided to become a member. They required an NRA membership, so I asked if my GOA and SAF memberships would suffice, as I was not an NRA member at the time. They refused, and wouldn't give a reason. I found it odd as I thought SAF, GOA and the NRA were on the same team, just different tactics.

Looks like it wasn't about preserving our rights, but the kickbacks they received.
One thing I learned about LA is that there are so many people in the area, it can support what one might imagine would be the very most niche hobby fairly comfortably. The joke at the range was they closed at 10pm, so you could come down before that and shoot inside, or, since it was in Inglewood, you could come after closing and shoot outside.
Unfortunately you are all to accurate about that. Spent a couple of nights in West LA many a moon ago. Doubt it has changed much.
All the windows had security bars. You never entered from the front door and you sure as ____ NEVER EVER went out after dark.

Thanks I take it you must have got what you paid for or you would remember them. I had just never heard of them that I remember. So figured what the hell will give them a shot see what happens. Did not want to put a lot of money into the place till I had tried it or heard from others who have. Was kind of surprised anything "gun" could survive in CA :D
Found it!

@Koda turned me on to them when all of my other go-to suppliers came up empty. I had never heard of LAX Ammo before Koda mentioned it.

Just this past week I ordered another 1,000 rds from Green Country Ammo off of Ammoseek. That order is in process.

@Alexx1401 Also, I found my OP about some other ammo brands/suppliers from the same timeframe.

Last Edited:
All but one of my orders with them have been great. The one that wasn't was a dumpster fire that turned out fine.

The flaming trash receptacle one: I ordered a large supply of .450 BM. They charged my card and shipped it ... to a man at an address I never heard of, in a state I've never lived in (Colorado) and have only passed through a couple times. Said gentleman called me, was very friendly, said he too was a LAX customer, but had no idea why he got my order. So I call LAX and the bubble-head I talked to was adamant that I had to have been the one that entered, you know, the name of an individual I never heard of, at an address I didn't know existed, in a state I haven't been too in like five years. She just would not get it that I wouldn't have done that, but says she'd call UPS and see if they could pick it back up, get it returned, and call me back today.

Did I get a call back? Nope, of course not. I said screw it, disputed the charge on the CC, and let it be. Not long after that, I get a message from a boss type very apologetic, said they reversed the charges, said they were looking into what went sideways on their software, and provided a discount code for the next order. I haven't used it yet and I'm skeptical if I will. But they did make it right, after wasting my time and insulting my intelligence, of course.

WOW, CG.

I recently placed and received an order without issue, aside from, they were a little slow to ship.
That was my first time dealing with them.

In the grand scheme of things it is less than a nothing-burger. Every organization messes up some times and it was eventually straightened out. But it did make me lose faith in their online ordering system moving forward.

In fairness to them, I've bought many thousands of rounds (.32 ACP, .38 Special, and .44 Magnum in particular) from their outfit with nary a problem. Just that one was more than odd.

I recently placed and received an order without issue, aside from, they were a little slow to ship.
That was my first time dealing with them.
It was my first order from LAX as well, and they were slow to ship,the same as they were with you, as the "Found it!" link in my post upthread will attest.

I have used them one time. Very horrible customer service. Wont admit they were wrong. Lied about the fix being shipped.
Finally got rest of order 2-3 weeks later.

Cheap price isnt worth the hassle, I recommend you go somewhere else.

I've bought a ton of .22 LR from them. They are priced pretty competitively and I've gotten some terrific deals from them at times. Every transaction has been painless and seamless. One of my go to places to shop.

Ive found them during the last Obama ammo crunch and they got me thru, every order was fine. Shipping is slow, but my guess is they are working overtime trying to keep up when everyone else is out.

Thanks guys. I of course did use a credit card as I always do. Just had some how never heard of them, they had some ammo, so I thought would give them a chance. My favorite place has been dry for a while so figured it was time to seek out others since I still shoot weekly and am NOT about to shoot more than I use.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top