JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
<broken link removed>

Lawsuit Filed To Stop Oregon Wolf Hunt

What Happened Today?
Four groups, the Hells Canyon Preservation Council, Oregon Wild, Cascadia Wildlands and the Center for Biological Diversity sued to stop federal agents from killing two members of the Imanaha wolf pack in Wallowa County. The agency carrying out the hunt is USDA’s Wildlife Service.

:angry::angry:

This was forseen when the wolves were introduced back to the wild in North America. Now it's problematic for the sensitive type, but no issue for those who hunt. Meaning, those who enjoy the act in killing game will tend not to think twice about shooting these predators. WE brought them back and we can erase them again.

The only cause for concern is bad publicity the hunting will get. This hurts us with voters. Oh well, unless someone is going to follow us all around in God's country, then how are you going to stop us from shooting them?

Has anyone else been to Imnaha? I assume they mean Imnaha and not "Imanaha" in Wallowa County. It is really in the middle of nowhere with a tiny population of mostly ranchers. From there to the Snake River is a real challenging drive to say the least. That is probably the most remote and least populated area in all of Oregon.

Those ranchers won't give a rip what those groups or LE or anyone else thinks. If they see a wolf they'll shoot it.

I recall a true story in that area of an Oregon game warden who left his pickup to check something out on foot. He came back to find his state police pickup rolled over onto its top.

I think those stupid groups should have to put up a large cash bond to pay ranchers for every domestic animal they lose to a wolf.

$.02

imnaha-1.jpg

Aaaand the Feds caved....<broken link removed>

Wolf hunt called off. Oregon Wild claims odfw was breaking the law?? Someone needs to counter sue Oregon Wild for all livestock loses.

>:|

Aaaand the Feds caved....<broken link removed>

Wolf hunt called off. Oregon Wild claims odfw was breaking the law?? Someone needs to counter sue Oregon Wild for all livestock loses.

>:|

Oregon Wild's just pushing for current regulations to be enforced. Can't sue 'em for that.

Anyway, here's the key part of that article:

ODFW staff will recommend changes to the plan, and will make those suggestions public in August. A vote by the Fish and Wildlife Commission is scheduled for October. Public comments are still being accepted via email at [email protected].

Conservation groups want to make sure the new plan does a better job of protecting wolves.

"We're rooting for the few wolves we've got in Oregon." says Laughlin.

The people rooting for Oregon hunters and ranchers need to make sure their voices are heard too.

The wolves and old grizz were eliminated for a reason by the folks that had to live and make a living off the land. The reintroduction will cause major problems for rural ranchers, farmers and hunters.

But the urban dwellers that sip their lattes in Eugene and work on their environmental law degrees need a project so they just flip from one lawsuit to another. Yes, they should be required to pay for the livestock they are responsible for killing. And be sued for the children and others that will be killed by these cunning predators, including the Cougars that are running amok now days.

I don't want to appear insensitive but I hope many of these folks take time off their busy protesting schedules and wander out into the liar of the wolves, cougars and grizz bears with their little bells to ward them off.

I can't imagine a rancher upon discovering several dead calves or sheep not taking out as many as possible, mailing back the collars, and burying the critters as deep as possible.

Time to put an end to these wacko special interest groups that have so much control over our lives. The libs like to say they are free from special interest group influence and yet support every wacko left wing group with a big mouth.

Time to put an end to these wacko special interest groups that have so much control over our lives. The libs like to say they are free from special interest group influence and yet support every wacko left wing group with a big mouth.

So you have a problem with the First Amendment? That's unpatriotic, un-American, and you should be ashamed of yourself for even suggesting the idea. Your suggestion is just as fascist and disgusting as anything the gun grabbers have ever tried to do.

Like it or not, our nation was built to be a free market of ideas. If a group of people gets majority support for doing something that you can't stand, you'd better figure out a way to make your ideas more appealing. If you can't do that, you have only yourself to blame.

Earlier in this thread I posted a suggestion about how you could get started. Preaching Stalinist doctrine on a gun board ain't it.

I fail to see the connection of freedom of speech to supporting special interest groups. When it comes to the liberal agenda, Freedom of Speech means you agree with them, if you disagree they will try to pass laws to shut you up, as in silencing talk radio. But that has nothing to do with the heading of this thread. Sorry if you were offended, that was not my intent.

So you have a problem with the First Amendment? That's unpatriotic, un-American, and you should be ashamed of yourself for even suggesting the idea. Your suggestion is just as fascist and disgusting as anything the gun grabbers have ever tried to do.

Like it or not, our nation was built to be a free market of ideas. If a group of people gets majority support for doing something that you can't stand, you'd better figure out a way to make your ideas more appealing. If you can't do that, you have only yourself to blame.

Earlier in this thread I posted a suggestion about how you could get started. Preaching Stalinist doctrine on a gun board ain't it.

It's the money buying the politicians that I can't stand, no matter who's side they are on. Special interest groups hire lobbyists and give big campaign contributions, making legislators and even the President beholding to them.

It's one thing to have the freedom of speech to say what you believe, and another to be able to buy politicians.

It's the money buying the politicians that I can't stand, no matter who's side they are on. Special interest groups hire lobbyists and give big campaign contributions, making legislators and even the President beholding to them.

It's one thing to have the freedom of speech to say what you believe, and another to be able to buy politicians.

As you know, you'll find no arguments from me on that point... And I'm sure you'll agree that applies to "every wacko right wing group with a big mouth" as well as "every wacko left wing group with a big mouth."

Point being, the idea that we "put an end" to interest groups based on what they're interested in is unamerican.

It seems like most of this wolf stuff is being spearheaded by small, regional environmental advocacy groups. They're independent, privately funded, and staffed with smart, dedicated true-believers. They like to pick fights and they know how to win them. An organization like this would be an ideal way to fight back...

Of course, you've already brought up a fact that should have ended the discussion: since they have the means, ranchers will protect their livelihoods no matter what anybody says.

I fail to see the connection of freedom of speech to supporting special interest groups.

Seriously?

As you know, you'll find more arguments from me on that point... And I'm sure you'll agree that applies to "every wacko right wing group with a big mouth" as well as "every wacko left wing group with a big mouth."

Point being, the idea that we "put an end" to interest groups based on what they're interested in is unamerican.

I think being able to buy politicians is unamerican. I see a huge difference between free speech where you can gather and rant and petition, etc., and outright buying votes.

Of course, you've already brought up a fact that should have ended the discussion: since they have the means, ranchers will protect their livelihoods no matter what anybody says.

You got that right.
:)

I think being able to buy politicians is unamerican. I see a huge difference between free speech where you can gather and rant and petition, etc., and outright buying votes.

+1,000,000

Sadly, at this point it looks like there's no way to rein in the corruption outside of amending the Constitution. And that's not going to happen anytime soon, if ever.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top