JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The lawsuit brought in Primus Group v. S&W et al has been dismissed with prejudice, meaning the judge determined it to be frivolous and it can not be brought again. It will likely be appealed however. A great step!

Lawsuit docs (some behind paywall): Docket for Primus Group, LLC v. Smith & Wesson Corp., 2:19-cv-03450 - CourtListener.com

Order on Motion to Dismiss: https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.ohsd.229384/gov.uscourts.ohsd.229384.36.0.pdf

Fixed that for ya (for those that like to check the source).

So this was a suit suing gun makers for making guns?
If I'm right then good call dismissing with prejudice. Hope the judge makes Primus pay S&W et al's legal bills too.

So this was a suit suing gun makers for making guns?
If I'm right then good call dismissing with prejudice. Hope the judge makes Primus pay S&W et al's legal bills too.

Primus is trying to argue that selling assault weapons is a public nuisance and that the hysteria (*) around mass shootings has impacted its business (I'm guessing it's a bar -- the decision calls it an "entertainment venue"). Anyway, the decision linked above is worth a quick read through. The decision quotes part of the complaint:
primus.png
(*) The hysteria is driven by media, not gun manufacturers, and of course plaintiffs like Primus Group. But whatever, sue sue sue.

Last Edited:
So who the hell is this Primus Group?
I've found them all over Europe and west Africa
What are they suing about?
What on earth is their standing in all of this in the first place?

Put simply I don't understand quite a few of the intricacies involved with legal cases that get drug on and on, if it was dismissed "with prejudice" that sounds like a complete shut down right? However I'm seeing that an appeal was filed....on what grounds I would wonder, and as mentioned above who the hell is paying for all of this?!?!?

Am I as a tax payer paying for someone else to try to take more of my rights away (IMO this is just a method of removing firearms)!!!!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top