JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Watching the news lately, it seems that law only apply to those who decide to abide by them. You see protesters assaulting people and destroying private property. You see protestors in Seattle handing out guns without a lawful transfer. You see protesters taking over the I-5 bridge in Portland/Vancouver . Then you look here and see people wondering about long FFL transfer times for purchases. Why are we still willing to be the ones that obey the myriad laws that others so flagrantly ignore?

I personally feel it has to do with and shows the moral fortitude of most responsible gun owners! We may not have voted for or agree with these laws/rules. But "we" understand that we must try other ways of "fixing" the issue before going to "caveman" tactics. If not we are no better then those we despise and disagree with on these topics.
With that said I also feel if push comes to shove like so many times in this countries history who will these people look to when things get real out of hand? It will be the normal law abiding seemingly normal people with guns. The kind that founded and built this country from the start!
Just my thoughts on that I guess.

Watching the news lately, it seems that law only apply to those who decide to abide by them. ...

You are almost correct but slightly wrong in a dangerous way. Laws DO still apply if you are opposed to reinstituting segregation, participating in struggle sessions, and believe that people should be free to live their lives so long as they avoid harming others.

Sounds like you are trying to turn this into a race based
You are almost correct but slightly wrong in a dangerous way. Laws DO still apply if you are opposed to reinstituting segregation, participating in struggle sessions, and believe that people should be free to live their lives so long as they avoid harming others.
Looks like you are trying to turn this into a racial post.

download.jpg

Sounds like you are trying to turn this into a race based

Looks like you are trying to turn this into a racial post.

No -- I'm not. Look at the demands of the people out of CHAZ. They actively call for segregation in medical services. Look at what got Brett Weinstein run out of Olympia -- his opposition to segregation. Look here:

I'm an old-school liberal -- the regressive left is making this all about race and eventually -- sadly -- they are going to succeed. Part of how they will succeed is selective enforcement of the law against those who are ideologically opposed to seeing everything in the world through the lens of skin color. They are the racists.

Many people limit themselves to comfortable bubbles and echo chambers, but that's risky. Here are some of the ideas underpinning what is going on -- it is a self-described violent rebellion against democracy:

... the rebellion that has rocked the US and spread internationally ... Looting is an effective means of wealth redistribution, but what do we do beyond the fleeting moments of the riot? ... (B)eing peaceful provides absolutely no protection against police ... we need to make it impossible to talk about racism and capitalism as forms of oppression that can be separated. ... Democracy is central to the white supremacist imagination ...

Why are we still willing to be the ones that obey the myriad laws that others so flagrantly ignore?

I've started rolling slowly through stop signs. :oops: As long as there are no cars near. And I mostly quit using a turn signal when there are no cars near. I'm afraid I might go off the deep end and start tearing the labels of the mattress and all the pillows. I don't want something on my record that will get my CWP pulled.

Laws apply to all people equally, it's just that we have now entered into an era where those more equal than others have expanded from the rich, powerful, and famous to rioters and looters (so long as they support the agenda).

Watching the news lately, it seems that law only apply to those who decide to abide by them. You see protesters assaulting people and destroying private property. You see protestors in Seattle handing out guns without a lawful transfer. You see protesters taking over the I-5 bridge in Portland/Vancouver . Then you look here and see people wondering about long FFL transfer times for purchases. Why are we still willing to be the ones that obey the myriad laws that others so flagrantly ignore?

Although I agree with all of that, what people are willing to risk generally relates to what they have to lose. I'd surmise most people looting, rioting, blatantly ignoring laws, don't have years invested in the career they're in, houses to pay for, or generally any significant responsibilities of any kind that would be super inconvenient to deal with being prosecuted for breaking some stupid law.

At this point in my life, I'm in for a pound if I am in for a penny and so far, no one seriously wants to hit the reset button.

In which looting is described as a morally righteous tactic aimed at destroying the greatest evil: America and the concept of private property (so one may ask then, why are the authorities applying laws in only one direction and what is their ultimate goal (if they have one)):

... In the 400 years of barbaric, white supremacist, colonial and genocidal history known as the United States ... anti-black racism remains the foundational organizing principle of this country. That is because this country is built on the right to property, and there is no property, no wealth in the USA without the exploitation, appropriation, murder, and enslavement of black people. ... (F)or most of America's history, one of the most righteous anti-white supremacist tactics available was looting.

(T)he idea of private property is just that: an idea, a tenuous and contingent structure of consent, backed up by the lethal force of the state. When rioters take territory and loot, they are revealing precisely how, in a space without cops, property relations can be destroyed and things can be had for free.

AS,

" Democracy is central to the white supremacist imagination ... "

You lost me.

Why is that your last line in your last post?

Is that a point you agree with?

No. I'm quoting that to properly contextualize the philosophical foundation of these "protests". I'd guess that 99.9% of the mass protesters don't go beyond the twitter soundbites in order to fully understand what they are pushing and that's dangerous. It's also dangerous to ignore what those people are really saying because clearly, they are influential -- one only need look at burning cities for evidence of that influence.

What we don't yet have is a charismatic leader to emerge. If, or when, that happens, expect to see real force being put behind the ideas that democracy is central to white supremacy and that property is nothing but a social construct.

Watch 30 seconds of this:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads