JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How many times have we heard the phrase 'nobody's coming for your guns', attempting to reassure us that our gun rights are not in danger? It looks like soon you may be able to petition the government to suspend the rights of others, at least when it comes to the 2A.

Confiscation and prohibition has always been the end-game for anti-gun folks, despite the fact that we've never been able to control anything (drugs, alcohol, people, safety in prisons, etc). This is exactly why we fight every infringement, no matter how small.

State lawmakers on Thursday sent the governor a bill that would significantly expand a law that allows certain people to petition to the courts to confiscate guns from persons deemed to be dangerous.

Part of a large batch of gun-control measures expected to be acted on Thursday by the Legislature, the "gun violence restraining order" bill was given final legislative approval by the Senate after a debate in which supporters invoked the mass shootings in Orlando, Fla., and San Bernardino and Isla Vista.

Lawmakers send governor bill to expand seizure of guns from persons judged dangerous (http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-pol-sac-essential-politics-lawmakers-send-governor-bill-to-expand-1467306809-htmlstory.html)

Check out who they are proposing that should be added to the "reporting persons":

The bill sent to the governor Thursday expands the list of those who can petition for restraining orders to include co-workers, employers, mental health professionals and employees of high schools and colleges.

Interesting that here we see another meeting of the Left and Right alliance in a common cause. I think this is a powerful tool we should use at every opportunity:

The NRA and other gun-owner rights groups are joined in opposing the measure by the American Civil Liberties Union of California, which said in a letter to lawmakers that the bill "creates significant potential for civil rights violations."

Co-workers with an irrational fear may target a fellow employee without cause, and the bill lacks sufficient due process protections, the ACLU warned.

"An ex-parte order means the person subjected to the restraining order is not informed of the court proceeding and therefore has no opportunity to appear to contest the allegations," the group wrote.

"Nobody wants to take your guns"! Scoff scoff. Tinfoil hats for everyone! :rolleyes:

Since everyone in our society is perfectly rational, and no one is at all vindictive, I can't see how anything could possibly go wrong with a law like this. Sarcasm intended. What I can't understand is why these idiots keep pushing, and pushing. After all, we are the ones with the guns! Do they assume that there is no limit to our patience? Our founding fathers had a limit.

So if I want to rob your house. Because you invited me home from work one day and showed me your $200,000 stamp and $5000 gun collection.
But I don't want to get shot in the proses?

All I need to do is call you in. And proceed with my plans to show up with some thug friends later and rob you blind!

Perfect! :mad:

Last Edited:
Cali - I am not surprised. Not that far from the Hawaii report gun owners to the national database. Get arrested in Vegas - what happens in Vegas comes back to haunt you in Hawaii.

So if I want to rob your house. Because you invited me home from work one day and showed me your $200,000 stamp and $5000 gun collection.

All I need to do is call you in. And proceed with my plans to show up with some thug friends later and rob you blind!

Didn't work-out so well for OJ.;)

Gulp... 2 of my guns are worth $5000...no invites to my house

You still own guns...even after Orlando? That, immediately, makes you a threat to the rest of the peace loving folks in the country and you should have your guns confiscated for everyone's safety.

Oh, and let's not forget how only a truly neurotic person could ever believe our government would even conceive of a plan force us all into slavery, if given half a chance.

Sorry, but this is the LA Times. Can't read without a paid subscription unless you have another link?
Put your browser or device in private mode. You have read too many this month already for free.

This type of crap is exactly why everyone who cares about their rights must vote PRO-GUN in November. These people are making it very clear they not only don't care about our gun rights, but they are willing to trample our civil rights in the process. Are you folks that are still voting for these same politicians actually okay with this kind of over-reach? Do you not see that they will eventually come after something that you do care about?

We have to remove these people from office. If the ACLU and the NRA are able to stand together on this, that should be a HUGE warning that this governor and this legislature, are out of control and need to be sent packing. Un-fricking-believable.

If this passes, I'm immediately reporting every single person that serves to provide armed protection at the state capitol, including every single officer on staff, and especially anyone assigned to protect the governor. Let that hag live without armed protection, just like she wants for us.

I agree, etrain16. ACLU and NRA on the same page is very rare. So when it happens, it should be a giant red flag for everyone. I remember some strange political bedfellows after OKC (which was supposed to be our Reichstag Fire, but failed and necessitated 9/11).

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top