JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The level of honesty in the mom is noble and not something we typically see anymore these days. We need more honesty like this in America.

"Abuse of a corpse"… I can see teabagging the dead guy might be over the top, but there's an optic for ya. Otherwise dead is dead. You aren't violating a dead man's rights. Those went out the window when he pulled the gun, life forfeit.

I didn't watch the video;
The requirements for lawful self defense has not only continually changed, but radically, over many centuries and geographical location. Early on, "lawful" was not even a concept (as it should be)
"Lawful self defense" has no place in a decision to defend yourself, Someone hurts you, makes actions to hurt you, or do you any sort of harm to you there is no time out to consider the persons motives, background, history, pathetic childhood, or to just plain feel sorry for them, one should be able to defend with ever means are available to stop it. If you didn't start the aggression, and they die in the process, its not your fault it is theirs alone.
No person should have the right to fetter anyone's ability to defend themselves, and by whatever means possible. No person should ever be able do aggressive harm to others and be able to get away with it.
Maybe not socially acceptable but the way I feel. If others are willing to die or take a beating because some other is on drugs, got some bad breaks, or his momma didn't love him, go for it. I'll not, regardless of the laws. What a crying shame should I be penalized in any way for it.

It must suck to be the barer of a career criminal.
Get in trouble once, bubblegum happens. Straighten up and go one with life.
Get in trouble twice, you're not not doing it right.
Get in trouble thrice. You're just a loser who doesn't give a bubblegum about ANYONE! And don't pretend you love you mother. Or anyone else for that matter.

yeahwho news is total crap. I read the whole thing, maybe I missed it? They never said no charges would be filed? Somebody, "Legal Expert", :s0140: decided he was justified? But not the people that mean anything. Or did I miss something? My reading comprehension can be lacking at times.

yeahwho news is total crap. I read the whole thing, maybe I missed it? They never said no charges would be filed? Somebody, "Legal Expert", :s0140: decided he was justified? But not the people that mean anything. Or did I miss something? My reading comprehension can be lacking at times.
Yeah, you missed a couple things.

1) It is a Yahoo news (yes, they suck) repeat of a Fox news story.

2) As stated in the article, it is the opinion of one Texas criminal defense attorney. Nothing more than that.

No need to get triggered.

Yeah, you missed a couple things.

1) It is a Yahoo news (yes, they suck) repeat of a Fox news story.
Yeah, somewhat like Google News, Yahoo news is an aggregator rarely (if ever) the actual source of the news. The difference with Google is that Google it is much more apparent that they are just linking the article with a summary, whereas Yahoo embeds the article in their site/page, often with little to no reference to the actual source.

I can't/don't second guess someone's actions at a time like this.....I never have, and hope I never do end up in a situation like this because I really don't know for certain how I would react. What I do know is that I have had a massive adrenaline dump due to being in very close-like 2 feet away for a large predatory animal......I can guarantee you if you put this same shooting situation except replace the Bad guy with a cougar and it so much as twitched as I looked down at it, the animal would have got a coup de grace to the head. -Most people would also say "Good Job/Good reaction" if the coup de grace was delivered to a Cape Buffalo, Lion, Bear, etc......Why? Because if the animal regains it's feet, people could be hurt. We value human life, so this can "look bad" as we armchair it but to our brains under adrenaline, a threat is a threat. How can a "Good Shooting" turn into a bad one? Either Force is justified or is not, how it ends shouldn't change that. I ASSUME that many people is this situation will go on auto pilot as soon as they start to draw, and stopping themselves would be hard even if the Perp drop his gun. Again I can only reference my experiences above and reacted in a blur.

NO.....IN NO WAY AM I SAYING WE ARE HUNTING PEOPLE.....Only that fear of death or harm causes adrenaline and we react.

...Yahoo embeds the article in their site/page, often with little to no reference to the actual source.
First line:

"...one criminal defense attorney in the area told Fox News Digital..."

No need to get triggered indeed. That's why I very seldom read what they call news any more. If I read bubblegum, I'm going to call out the stink.
The man is entitled to his opinion, as you are entitled to yours. The difference between his and yours, however, is that he is familiar with Texas law.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top