JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I understand how the trust works for NFA items and the benefit.

I'm wondering how it works for purchasing non NFA items and trusts, specifically private sales but curious about ffl sales also.

Who actually gets the background check ran if its being sold to a trust?

I understand how the trust works for NFA items and the benefit.

I'm wondering how it works for purchasing non NFA items and trusts, specifically private sales but curious about ffl sales also.

Who actually gets the background check ran if its being sold to a trust?

The same way as a NFA purchase... (currently) all listed trustees must submit their info to a BGC for private sales, at least in Oregon. The "benefit" of a NFA gun trust has been stripped away by now requiring all listed trustees in the trust to submit a photo and personal details BGC... I had a NFA trust with a SBR listed in it before "the change" but IMNSHO there's not much point in them anymore, since the requirement of getting your CLEO to sign off on it (who may refuse because they're anti 2A) has been removed.

Previously trusts were used with guns to avoid probate. The NFA thing was just something clever.

Has anyone purchased a non NFA item, just a regular pistol or long gun, through a trust since the law change?

Thank you.

An NFA trust is still valuable for me. It enables my son to use items without me having to be present. It is now just a much bigger PITA to get one approved.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top