JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's the dumbest idea ever, to propose something like that here. Especially with the desire to put more and more under the 'terror' denomination, you'll be looking at some jail time when your wife runs a red light within 25 miles of a school at some point, because you know terrorist and association and such.

The only thing you'll create is a communist style paranoid society. North Korea, former SU, 1984.

That's the dumbest idea ever, to propose something like that here. Especially with the desire to put more and more under the 'terror' denomination, you'll be looking at some jail time when your wife runs a red light within 25 miles of a school at some point, because you know terrorist and association and such.

The only thing you'll create is a communist style paranoid society. North Korea, former SU, 1984.

I won't create communist anything. It is what I fight.
You need to lighten up and take things for what they are.
It was an interesting option for solving their terrorist problem. They have a thousand Islamic terrorists for our one in ratio.
They were speaking of Jihadists, don't take it off on some damned wild azz tangent.
They just might discourage the next mass bombing of a market full of people.
Can you not distinguish between an Islamic terrorist and everyone else?
Mollycoddling them as we do now and using the constant warnings of terrorist acts to divert or keep people on edge is more in line with what you speak of.

Besides it is not going to happen here.
It was a pretty innovative idea on their part though, since the families of those people encourage what they do.

Besides it is not going to happen here.

Good, I hope not. :)

It was a pretty innovative idea on their part though, since the families of those people encourage what they do.

Innovative? It's a strategy from the course "how to be a commie dictator 101". In places like North Korea and the former Soviet Union, family members would feel the pain for missteps their relatives took. Missteps in the regime's view of course, such as "anti-governmental" speech or fleeing the country. Family pictures would get redacted to wipe 'offenders' from history, or families receive a generous state sponsored move to, let's say, a more outdoorsy environment with free food, accommodation and guaranteed work.

Don't get me wrong, I understand your intent, but the unintended side effects can be significant. Just look at the patriot act. Intended as a vehicle to make it easier for agencies to find terrorists, but in the mean time a behemoth that affects many aspects of our daily lives (e.g. the NSA data collection thing).

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top