JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So I have my eye on a .12 gauge side x side Laurona shotgun.
These are made in Spain and this one was made in 1965.
My question is: Are these junk?
I know not to expect Holland and Holland quality for my budget ... but I have heard horror stories regarding soft metal internals and parts breaking on Spanish shotguns....

Most of the internet sources say they are good , but lower end , which is fine but...
I would like to hear from someone on here ... I have found that Northwest Firearms to be far and away better than most forums .... which is why I am here. :)

I'm just looking for a classy ( workingman's ) side x side to use for grouse and other small game.
Andy

Last Edited:
Can't help with that but if you go a different direction then I would absolutely suggest a newer Stoeger SxS.

Mine was well made and super accurate if that helps.

Very reasonable used or new.

I've seen those Joe ... And they certainly fit the bill.
Glad you like yours.
I'm working on selling one of my guns to fund this purchase.
The rifle I'm selling isn't worth the price of a Stoeger ... But within the means of this Laurona.

If I'm able to set aside some more money , maybe I'll ask you more about yours ... What you like / dislike that sorta thing....
Andy

I had to sell mine last year but they are great for a little extra cash.

I choked mine differently and loaded #6 and #4 for close up of further away shots. Worked great.

I think Nambu had a 12g he modified that was very nice as well.

I had to sell mine last year but they are great for a little extra cash.

I choked mine differently and loaded #6 and #4 for close up of further away shots. Worked great.

I think Nambu had a 12g he modified that was very nice as well.

At least you got to sell yours.

My Father in law kept asking to look at mine every time he came over.
The third time I sent it home with him.

He was gona drive me nuts. o_O

I had a carbine that was right up your alley. ;)

054.JPG

Yep...that's the trick.
I've read good things about the design of these Spanish guns ... But some folks have said the internals just aren't robust...
But one can say anything on the internet.
Andy

Last Edited:
I have no direct experience with the Laurona, but essentially everything I've ever heard or read has been positive. Regarding Spanish shotguns, I have had good results with the SxSs made by Zabala Hermanos. I can't speak for other manufacturers.

Qué te diviertas mucho. :)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads