JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A buddy and I are going to try for turkeys near his house on Lake Coeur d'Alene. We were going to head this weekend but it didnt work out and now it's raining and cold anyway. I've never hunted turkey before. I have a slate call I've been practicing on, a couple diaphram calls, a m500 with 26" mod choke/vent rib barrel with camo paint/pistol grip and a old beat up savage 67 with 26" mod choke ventrib/bead barrel. 1 box of federal 12ga 3in 2oz #5 shot and 1 box of kent "ultimate diamond shot" 12ga 3in 1 3/4oz #6shot...we will pattern both guns with each before we leave.

We plan on walking through the woods all day with unloaded but 3 shells in each mag, listening for birds, then sitting and calling them in. Neither of us has ever done this before and I am hoping for some tips from people who have done this before. whats prime habitat for idaho panhandle turkeys? It will really suck if we dont have beginners luck and get anything. He and I will be happy with only one bird or one for each of us. an outfitter/family friend last spring told us that they are very easy to bag there and that two newbies should be able to do it just fine. we're on a starving student style budget. a mix of mil-surp m81 camo jackets, cabelas camo pants, old hiking boots and other random stuff... should be hunting for at least 3 days maybe 4. thinking the 29th - the 1st of march. anybody have any tips for us?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top