Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

WTT OR late 1800s Belgian Revolver in 7mm Pinfire

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Classifieds' started by fireninja13, Mar 7, 2015.

1. fireninja13

fireninja13 Newberg / Portland Metro Active Member

NEW PICTURES ADDED 5/23/16
    **Reposting due to no longer being able to edit titles.**

Here's a rare one for y'all: a late 1800s Belgian made revolver in 7mm Lefaucheux Pinfire.

Octagonal barrel, SA/DA, folding trigger, un-fluted cylinder, dovetail adjustable front sight, ejector rod and loading-gate set up. Beautifully engraved wearing original ebony grips in excellent condition.

Proof marked "ELG" "*L" " 1Ↄ" on the cylinder indicating that it was made in the city of Liège in Belgium sometime between 1877 and 1893. Thus it is a true curio/relic and undoubtedly old enough to not be considered a firearm under State or Federal Law.

Overall appears to be in good working condition, and even comes with 10 rounds of 7mm Lefaucheux pinfire ammo in the original metal ammo box, although attempting to fire it is at the risk of the new owner, presuming the hundred year old pinfire ammo will even ignite. . . I'm thinking the perfect owner for this revolver is someone who finds the idea of reloading 7mm pinfire with black powder exciting ;)

Open to trades for interesting firearms or ??? Also open to reasonable cash offers -- please send all offers via PM. PDX metro for a meetup, but due to the age of this gun I can legally ship it. Not so sure about shipping the 100 year old ammo though.

EDIT:
    After many emails asking "how much," I'll say the following: I have not had any luck finding close comparables for purposes of a precise value determination -- it is a true handmade custom antique so they are all at least a little different, and the antique engraving, overall condition, and period accessories make it nigh-on unique. I have honestly shared all the information that I have been able to find.

So, I'll say again that I will consider all cash or trade offers -- basically I'm interested in finding a deal that seems fair to all parties. Thanks NWFA!
    pinefireplusmisc.jpg pinefire3.jpg cocked.jpg pinefire1.jpg loadinggate4.jpg loadinggate2.jpg engravings1.jpg foldedtrigger.jpg backstrap.jpg hallmark5.jpg hallmark4.jpg hallmark3.jpg hallmark2.jpg loadinggate1.jpg loadinggate3.jpg

Last edited: May 23, 2016
    fd15k, braxtonbabcock, JOePOe and 2 others like this.
  2. trainsktg

trainsktg Portland OR Well-Known Member

I've never seen a 'pinfire' before. Very interesting.

Keith

fireninja13 likes this.
  3. fireninja13

Yep, they were developed in the 1830s and was the forerunner to centerfire and rimfire cartridges -- basically they were some of the first of the "modern" self contained ammunition that didn't require a cap, powder and projectile to be fired.

European made revolvers were used extensively by both sides during the Civil War.

4. braxtonbabcock

braxtonbabcock Wichita ks Member

How much for it?

5. fireninja13

Logged in for the first time in months, so sorry for the delayed reply. . . PM sent.

Yes, I still have it. Thanks for the Interest!

6. madman48

madman48 Vancouver,WA Member

Still got it?

7. fireninja13

Yes, I still have it. The listing will be deleted when it is gone.

8. fireninja13

After many emails asking "how much" I'll say the following: I have not had any luck finding close comparables for purposes of more precisely determining value -- it is a handmade antique so they are all a little different, and the antique engraving, overall condition, and period accessories make it nigh-on unique. I have honestly shared all the information I have on the gun in the listing.

So, I'll say again" Please read the listing. If you email me asking "how much" I will reply with "I will consider all cash or trade offers" -- basically I'm interested in finding a deal that seems fair to all parties. Thanks NWFA!

9. fireninja13

Finally got around to taking some some decent pics, and updated the listing. Hopefully you can get a better sense of the condition and the nice old engraving work.

10. mikemenzie

mikemenzie Dallas Active Member

That little beastie is gorgeous. From some of the other pinfires i've seen, if this thing is fireable, i'd pay a lot, if i had it!

11. fireninja13

So far as I can tell there is nothing to prevent you from firing it other than the need for some substantial Brass Balls ;)

I currently have it consigned at a fancy antique weapons dealer, but if you are really interested I could hook you up at a pretty aggressive price -- shoot me a PM if you are.