JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
I've never seen a 'pinfire' before. Very interesting.

Keith

Yep, they were developed in the 1830s and was the forerunner to centerfire and rimfire cartridges -- basically they were some of the first of the "modern" self contained ammunition that didn't require a cap, powder and projectile to be fired.

European made revolvers were used extensively by both sides during the Civil War.

After many emails asking "how much" I'll say the following: I have not had any luck finding close comparables for purposes of more precisely determining value -- it is a handmade antique so they are all a little different, and the antique engraving, overall condition, and period accessories make it nigh-on unique. I have honestly shared all the information I have on the gun in the listing.

So, I'll say again" Please read the listing. If you email me asking "how much" I will reply with "I will consider all cash or trade offers" -- basically I'm interested in finding a deal that seems fair to all parties. Thanks NWFA!

Finally got around to taking some some decent pics, and updated the listing. Hopefully you can get a better sense of the condition and the nice old engraving work.

That little beastie is gorgeous. From some of the other pinfires i've seen, if this thing is fireable, i'd pay a lot, if i had it!

So far as I can tell there is nothing to prevent you from firing it other than the need for some substantial Brass Balls ;)

I currently have it consigned at a fancy antique weapons dealer, but if you are really interested I could hook you up at a pretty aggressive price -- shoot me a PM if you are.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top