Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Last week my boss....

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by deen_ad, Oct 22, 2012.

1. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

came in and said his daughter just turned 18 and, after her drivers license, the first thing she wants to get is her CPL. I told him I thought she had to be 21 to get it. He said "no, it's 18!" I looked it up on the WA website and it is 21. Oh well, at least the young lady has the right idea!!

2. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

So where do you work now?
    I mean after he fires you for correcting him

Good for him and her!

3. deen_ad

I haven't seen him yet!!
    He's a good egg anyway (even if he is 30 years my junior) and I'll bet he's found out for himself by now.

Last administrator asked me if I wanted to be head of security some time ago, I said "NO, I didn't want the headaches!" Did that in a previous job and just want to relax after I retired from that rat race!

4. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

LOL My Daughter had her Expert ribbon with M16 and Sharpshooter ribbon with M9 in the US Navy before she had a Drivers license. She was to lazy to get off her *** and get a job and hold one long enough to save the money for insurance. So she never bothered to get a license until she was in Sicily in the Navy. Things went horribly worng after that and I understand she is now banned from being able to rent a car on the island of Sicily and could be wanted by Italian police LOL.

Luckily wrecking 2-3 rental cars got it out of her system and she's now a wife and mommy (of two daughters) and Nurse in Portland

5. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

Now that's bad ,Mark.Cause from what I've heard they drive pretty bad in Italy

6. deen_ad

Well, I just told him and he said she was going to be disappointed!

Too bad, a good looking 18 year old lady is a target to some and she could use the extra "help" to protect herself.

7. Thebastidge

Thebastidge 10411 NE Fourth Plain Blvd Vancouver WA 98662 Well-Known Member

Like some other folks have said, there are some options- pepper spray, tazer. I'll be offering Refuse To Be A Victim courses as soon as I get home and that covers a variety of ways and mostly the attitudes to protect oneself.