JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Which t-shirt would you purchase?

• Gildan

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • American Apparel

Votes: 40 90.9%

• Total voters
So the t-shirt order is going in this week, the initial cash investment was what was holding me up (over $1k upfront!). We're down to selecting the t-shirts we're going to use and I need to know what ratio of Gildan to American Apparel we need to order. We're going to be offering two different brands so people will be able to weigh the pro's and con's of each based on their personal opinion. What I need to find out with this poll is which one you would choose based on the facts presented below.

Gildan
Sale Price: $12 in person / $15 shipped
Great Quality
Made in Honduras
50/50 Cotton Blend
Heavier Cotton (5.3oz)
Standard Fit

American Apparel
Sale Price: $15 in person / $18 shipped
Top-Of-The-Line Quality
Made in USA
Ringspun Cotton
Lightweight Cotton (4.3oz)
Slim/Fashion Fit

Are there any other American made t-shirts that are thicker... I think the thicker the better and $18 to $20 wouldn't be a bad deal... Any thoughts about hats ???

So I confirmed with the screen printer, 2XL is $1.75 extra, 3XL is $2.75 extra, 4XL is $3.75 extra, 5XL is $4.75 extra, per shirt.

The American Apparel shirts go up to 3XL, the Gildans go up to 5XL.

That "heavier" 50/50 cotton blend will be much less heavy after a couple of washings---and be more like 90% synthetic with all the cotton down the drain. 100% cotton lasts much longer and better. Another reason to choose the USA made........................elsullo

Getting ready to pull the trigger now. We're actually going with a 100% cotton Gildan 6.1oz shirts for the cheaper ones since they're easier for the supplier to get, so even the cheap shirts will be a bit better.

The proof is on the way :)

Here's what we ordered and the quantity:

Gildan 50/50 2000 - Male

S 5
M 5
L 10
XL 10
2XL 10
3XL 6
4XL 12
5XL 4
------------
Total 62

American Apparel 20010 - Male

S 12
M 12
L 24
XL 36
2XL 24
3XL 12
-------------
Total 120

American Apparel 21020 - Female

S 12
------------
Total 12

Are there any other American made t-shirts that are thicker... I think the thicker the better and $18 to $20 wouldn't be a bad deal... Any thoughts about hats ???

i 2nd the hats post

As for the hats, once we get the money back from the t-shirts we should have a bit more to work with, and NWFA hats are definitely in our future :s0155:

The order was placed!

Now to see if we can get a wall table at the gun show next weekend :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews