JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Last Remaining Lead Smelter In The USA Closing After 120 Years - The Firearm Blog
'Suddenly the US Army’s obsession with lead-free ammunition makes perfect sense, it was about security not the environment."

"A reader writes: The last remaining lead smelter, in Herculaneum MO, is closing down. This will undoubtedly affect the price of lead, since the lead that is mined in Viburnum MO will now be sent out of the US for smelting.

Missouri’s Lead Belt has been the primary source of lead for the US since 1700. A lead smelter has been in operation in Herculaneum since 1892. This is why Lake City, Federal, and other ammunition companies have been located in the region.
"

Not completely true. The smelter is the Last LARGE Scale smelter. There are ~size~ Mandates being used here... (For lack of better word)

There are still Many Smaller Scale smelters... And Several are bullet company driven, or Cast Bollit User driven.

There is another post on this... But my mind is foggy still, this is my first full night sleep morning... And only One cup of Coffee...

philip,

In the BoonDocks...

Steak And Eggs, Texas Toast is soon to be made, for Breakfast...

I hate to see us giving away our ability to produce raw materials, it's going to force us to protect foreign interests that we don't necessarily agree with, for the sake of our national interest. I know that sounds a bit paranoid.

I hate to see us giving away our ability to produce raw materials, it's going to force us to protect foreign interests that we don't necessarily agree with, for the sake of our national interest. I know that sounds a bit paranoid.

I am pretty sure we will still be able to PRODUCE raw materials. We just won't PROCESS them anymore.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top