JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Picked up my ammo, but the prices on firearms! Apparently guns are no longer machined but are made in the Black Forest by magical, naked Nymphs! Hence the prices have sky rocketed! Jeeze!

what is the ammo prices like

i can say that for what i generally look for in factory loads (9mm luger, .45acp, 30-30, .308, 45/70, 12ga): nothing special. about the same price as my local gun shop or bi-mart's prices.

surplus stuff (7.62/54r @ $80 for a can) is about all i saw that was a common deal that i can't just grab elsewhere (that i know of anyway)

Went here earlier. S.S.D.D. Keith's had a yugo pap pistol for ~800!?!? The handguard must have been made out of unicorn horns. Wolf 762x39 I could get at Wal-Mart cheaper. Saw so many people buying ncstar optics..I came and left without buying a thing. Shame, I had a grand of fun money to spend too. Oh, and what is with vendors watching me like I'm going to steal stuff? This is going to be the last Portland gun show that I'm going too. I'd rather just buy stuff on the forum.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I had fun myself :) snagged a 938 mag I needed and got a good trade that ended up resulting in a new Sig 1911 for me. Spent some time with a few friends :D

I went yesterday with my two boys. It was the first time I've brought them to a show (5 and 9) and they like Caruso's table in the back with the dummy MGs. I asked Louie if they could hold the M60, and I got a photo of that. Pretty cool.

I agree that the table count was down. Not sure why, given the pending election.

As for deals, I saw none. One guy at a table seemed to be selling his private collection (hadn't seen him before so I'm making an assumption). Mostly junk though. I went to the show hoping to find an Aimpoint CompM4 but nobody had one. Saw a couple of Eotechs, but that was it. I was hoping to compare the two to see which was the clearest with my uncorrected vision (astimatism).

I collect Japanese stuff and one vendor had a badly humped Type 99 arisaka. He was selling it as all matching, except the bolt, and the reproduction dust cover, and the reproduction monopod which had been bent and roughed up a little to give the appearance of originality. It was a total peice but I just handed it back to the dude with no commentary.

-Thirtycal

I had fun. Was looking for a Century or Wiselite Sterling 9mm carbine. Didn't see any. Instead bought a Polish PPS-43C semi-auto pistol from Keith's. Might have saved $30 buying one from Gunbroker.com but I got to hold & inspect this one. Also bought one of those walking or jumping targets that look like a kid's jumping jack. Bought the medium size cause the pistols will make it flip and the rifles won't hurt it.

Came home with a small bag of junk too. Like a couple of no name Glock 19 mags for $10 each, a dumbie .50 BMG round, a bore snake and a spring loaded bipod I thought would look good on my old SKS.

Didn't see any great deals but there were fair prices on some stuff. Some of the bulk ammo prices looked good. Saw the 7.62x54R for $80 but didn't feel like lugging it around. A guy had an '01 Marlin Cowboy in 45LC for $750ish. A fair price in today's market. Saw a few low end AKs for around $550 or so. One table over towards the front near Keith's had some fair prices on used handguns.

The show I went to last year was in the building closest to MLK, long and narrow. I had a hard time remembering where I saw something. Much prefer the building this show was in.

Last year's show had more police presence. They were checking people in and out. Confirming paperwork as you left. This show the sercurity staff was handling that stuff. I passed one police car outside as I was driving in. Saw another parked. Saw one uniformed officer inside and couldn't tell if he was shopping or crowd watching.

I'd like to see more military surplus guns at the shows. Guess the vendors can't compete with the internet pricing on that stuff.

Almost forgot, bought 2 chunks of fudge. Only one left and it's calling my name!

You mean the guy with all the HK's? Hardly junk.

Nope I saw the HK's. That was a good table. Naw the table I'm talking about was a guy with a bunch of longuns laying on his table in a rack he had built which had that grey foam pipe insulation on the vertical peices to keep the guns from getting bounced around. Not sure if he was a dealer or just a dude, but I don't recall seeing him at previous shows. Like I said he had lots of common fudd rifles and typical cheap handguns. Only thing of remote interest was a P38 but I didn't look at it very closely since it looked like one of the recent Russian captures that came in thru CAI (or IO Inc?). Any import-marked P38 is of no interest to me (too many good examples of bringbacks available to bother with an import that will not appreciate in value). Yes I'm a shooter but I'm also a collector.

Oh yea there were two other things. One dude had nice non-scrubbed Izhmash Afghan-era Russian AK-74 mags (dark plum with black paint common in the Afghan-era) in good shape - at $40/per, I thought they were priced pretty good. I probably should have picked up a couple but didn't have a particular need - got a couple already for the collection. Also, another dude had a Russian Kobra red dot with the bad early 90's Importer silk screening, in obviously used condition that he claimed had never been mounted (was a Weaver mount). Looked like not only had it been mounted, it had been run hard. Original box incl'd, and I think it was $375. Again I already have one (in better shape with no glaring import markings that I paid quite a bit less for), so I passed it up. I at least have to give props to dude for having it - not many of those show up at the PDX shows.

The other cool thing was the night vision on the 50cal. Never seen that before:

bignightvisionon50cal.jpg

-Thirtycal

-Thirtycal

managed to come home with a bag of parts that look like they might come together as a 6.8 spc upper. also picked up a brand new smith wesson 22A-1 with the laminated wood target grips and full top rail.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top