JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
As a little Christmas gift to myself I decided to purchase the LASR software. I already owned a SIRT pistol and SIRT AR bolt so this is a great addition to my training options.

https://lasrapp.com/

The software was purchased and the link emailed to me for downloading. LASR was loaded in about 5 minutes, I plugged in my remote camera, the software played an intro video, and I was off. I chose the camera I had and stayed with recommended settings but didn't see the image from the camera. I shut off the software and started it back up then it linked right up to the camera. I went to the target settings and outlined a couple light switches and an outlet as targets. Then I started to play. It was VERY easy to run and I had a great time playing with it. There are many modes to choose from and I've just got started.

I also purchased the optional plug-ins which give some additional functions to the software such as target zones for IDPA/IPSC targets and a scoring module. If you're not into those sports then it may not be something you'd want. Additionally I purchased 1/3 and 1/6 scale targets to use in the house. Now my living room & hallway are a shooting range and I don't need to worry about the neighbors complaining about errant rounds going downrange ;)

All in all I think it's a great training tool!

I was tempted to buy it and actually tried the eval. The software was great and the only thing that kept me from going further is that I didn't want to buy a training pistol and didn't want to re-rack my slide (Glock) each time either.

What are you using for your pistol?

We use the LASR software with SIRT pistols for our NRA basic pistol class. It's an excellent tool for shooters to see the relationship between their basic shooting control, grip, trigger, breathing, and where the shot is going to go.
There is something satisfying and fun, especially for new shooters, to hear the bang and clang of steel in a classroom setting.

The LASR software can be really finicky about ambient light levels, they need to work on it a bit. But at $90 you can't go wrong. The SIRT pistols are a good tool but the front sights are junk, especially for the price. I was using one for drawing/sights to target and the front sight came off/disintegrated after about 5 draws out of a duty holster. I told the LASR guy and his response was to buy a glock front sight, which I had done anyway. Not the best in customer service after I had dropped $1k+ for several of the pistols.

Still all in all and good tool to improve your trigger control and sight picture with "live" feedback.

That looks fabulous!
I have the LaserLyte Training Targets, but this looks much cooler! The only drawback is I found the less expensive pistols to be rather inaccurate, and the 'adjustable cartridge' to be a joke--getting it perfectly set in the barrel is aggravating and it also would work its way loose after a few shots....So, I switched to the laser cartridge for my Taurus PT709 (VERY nice to not have to rack the slide after every shot, accurate and realistic) However, I can no longer use this for my students because it would be a 'temporary transfer':mad:
Which of the training pistols do you find to be the most accurate?

I'm not sure which of the SIRT pistols is most accurate. I've got the Green models with the Green laser. Bought it during a Halloween special a few years ago after a hand surgery. Really like the green laser.

One of the nice features of the LASR software is that you can choose laser colors. The takeup laser is red and the system ignores it. There are many modes of operation that I haven't even begun to touch upon yet. I think there's even a duel mode where you can shoot against a competitor.

I think there is probably no difference in the laser accuracy. The Sirt pistols have good weight, trigger pull, basically a glock clone. The sights are marginal and the front sight in particular is useless. Glock replacements can be had for about $8 give or take. They are expensive but if you are serious about indoor training then I think it's worth the $. The LASR program is worth the money. It does have quite a lot of features, including shot timing, etc.

Well, I did a bunch of research today, and I am in a pickle...I really like the SIRT, but not sure I want to spend the money on that along with the LASR...although the SIRT is supposed to work with the LaserLyte targets...

This summer I purchased a couple of Walther CP99 compact BB guns for my ladies, but during the winter, we can't really go out in the back yard. :eek: So, I though I would rig up some sort of a BB containment contraption and have the 'range time' in the garage. I took a look at <broken link removed> , and actually think I could maybe set it up in the same hallway that I have used for the LaserLyte target in the past....

My students LOVE getting to take home a 7x7 splatter target with real holes in it after class to show off their 'learning', but the new LASR app makes noise! ;);) And when we used the LaserLyte, I would take a picture of them beside their reactive target before we reset it....*sigh*

What'll I do....what'll I DO?? :rolleyes:

I believe the SIRT red laser will work with the Laserlyte targets but I'm not certain that the green registers.

Decisions, decisions. What's a lady to do?:(

Bits and pieces of stuff laying around. A few pieces of light plywood or even an old clipboard, cookie sheet(s), fabric, and what not. Basically you're making a box with a slanted back and open at the front. Hang some heavyish fabric (canvas shirt or upholstery) about a half an inch in from the opening but only attached at the top. Pellet goes through the paper target, hits the fabric and usually falls down into the bottom, If it does get through, it hits the angled cookie sheet in the back and goes down into the bottom.

elsie

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads