JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
For some odd reason I've been considering putting a laser on one of my pistols. Haven't decided if it's going to end up on one of the Glock's or 1911's yet. In the past I owned a S&W J-frame and had a set of Crimson Trace grips on it and loved them. I'm not a very good shot with a hammerless double action revolver with a 1 7/8" barrel but I enjoyed shooting with it on there. Don't think it tightened up my groups but it did speed up my shooting and gave me a quicker on target.

The J-frame is pretty much where my experience with lasers, other than a pistol with a problematic Lasermax system on it (so I've decided to dismiss that from the options).

My question to the wild and wooley bunch out here....

What should I get...

Crimson Trace (which I already have a positive experience with)

or the Laserlyte style the wraps around the rear sight (which I know nothing about other than they're small and don't mess with my grips)?

If it's the Glock's I'm steering toward the Laserlyte but would like a little feedback from someone who's owned them and used the a lot. Would like to know about durability, ability to hold it's zero, run time, quality, etc. If it's going to go on a 1911 I'm torn. I hate how ugly the crimson trace grips are. They make an attempt at pretty with the fake wood grips but to me that's like putting spinner hubcaps on a ferrari. If they're far superior though, that's the way I'm going to go. Kind of the reason I carry a Glock so often I guess. It ain't pretty but it gets the job done everytime.

I've never shot a laserlyte, or done a durability test, but off the top of my head it would seem that a laser which remains stationary (like crimson) would be more likely to hold it's zero over the long term than one mounted to the slide?

My dad just got some crimsons for his snubby and they've been good so far (~200 rounds over the last month or so).

Go with the ctc they do make them for a glock.
I use ctc as I do not like to hang other thing on my hand guns.
Al tho I did scope a Blackhawk 41 mag for hunting.

I have a Crimson Trace on my Beretta 92FS. It's the gun my wife keeps at hand when I'm not home, so the laser makes her more comfortable with the idea of using it. I love the Crimson Trace products and I doubt you'll find anything with such a reputation for reliability.

I carry a Glock for work, and if i ever put a laser on it, I'll be getting a Lasermax. I like the fact that it doesn't change the feel of the gun in my hand when I'm drawing. I have heard rumors that they break if they get fired often, but I've never spoken with anyone who ACTUALLY broke one. I do, however, know a guy who has used one in his Glock for over a decade and it still works like a champ.

Off topic question, has anyone ever taken a tour at Crimson Trace? They're headquartered in Wilsonville.

I am in the market for a couple of lasers myself and have been doing a bit of research.
I have heard plenty of good things about Crimson Trace and almost nothing negative. I am considering CT for my Ruger LCR. I don't think you can go wrong there.
You might also take a look at green lasers such as Viridian if you would consider a laser that mounts to a rail. They have a serious advantage in being way more visible in daylight and I like the versatility of being able to use one laser for my Beretta, shotgun and rifle.

Tom

I like crimson trace laser grips, I have a few pairs. However, I don't like the glock design grips. A buddy of mine has them on a glock 26. for a concealed carry piece, they make a somewhat thick gun even thicker.

We purchased my wifes LCR with the C/T already installed.....Liked it enough to put a set on my LCP, no problems at all. That being said, if you can put a green laser on your pistol its the way to go I have one on my AR and love how bright it is in sunlight.

If it's the Glock you're steering to, there's no better choice than a Viridian X5L combo green laser and light. It is very smart, it has 3 tactical modes (in a tactical mode the laser blinks in 3 different ways) ... the light has a strobe and 3 different powers ... IT works with a small battery that goes inside the light part. The light is so bright and you can see it in daylight, whereas the red lasers cannot be seen in daylight. And they make now a holster for your Glock and the light. Another benefit is that it has ambidextrous controls and it's an added weight to your muzzle which will make your muzzle steadier. Just my 2 cents ... i have it installed on my G22

Trying to avoid putting something on the rail (would have to get a new holster if I was going to carry and I don't think they make any IWB holsters for guns with accessories on the rail). Plus green lasers eat up batteries fast.

Love my CT on my Glock 23, I really like how it adds a beavertail effect on it. No need for such on the 1911. I have fired thousands of rounds with it and zero is fine.

Off topic question, has anyone ever taken a tour at Crimson Trace? They're headquartered in Wilsonville.[/QUOTE]

The company I work for made stuff for there machines and they asked us to tour it OF COURSE I DID! pretty awesome wouldnt even offer a DISCOUNT dang it we make the machine that makes your product COME ON

Why not install laser on your pps? you can buy a wickedlasers or you can buy a laser pointer then modify it and install on your pps, Last month i bought 10mW green laser pointer, then i modified it and installed on my pps, that's rather nice!:s0112:

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top