JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey NWF

I am always looking for new things to gravitate to. Guns have always been a big part of my life. i started shooting a young age 8. and have love firearms and the history that goes with them since then. I spent ten years in the NG for Washington and the Reserves here in Washington got to play around with a lot of different small arms. But enough of the chit chat.

My main purpose of this thread is to educate people on the dangers and the legal issues facing lasers, and drones. I have been in these hobbies for a while. I currently do build lasers for fun and my own personal enjoyment. I buy RFT or ready to fly quadcopters and such but still enjoy that hobby.

Laser are being cracked down on by the FDA who regulates them in the United States. Why the food and drug administration is in charge of them is any ones guess. But here is a few of the regulations that are in place and the fines are quite steep!

1. Lasers such as pointers, gun sites, are regulated to 5 mw. That is any thing that is commercially sold as a laser product. Does not matter if its is green, red, purple or what ever. Now that being said many have bought lasers from china of the last few years and the thing with green lasers they are not diode pumped by are modules. they take a IR diode usually 808 nm and pump it though a crystal to get green. usually 532nm its more complicated than that but that is the short. Now here is were it gets sticky. Because every one and their aunt have been buying these and handing them to kids we are limited to that 5mw.

The fines for using a Green, Red laser or what ever other color you can get your hands on its bad. You can be labeled a domestic terrorist for shinning these at planes or any law enforcement. it can be up to 10 years in jail and up to a 100,000 $ in fines. This is not a laughing matter!

2nd. Safety. Lasers are just like firearms. Never point them in your face! Even at 5mw they are able to blind you especially the green ones. Always be mindful of were you are aiming! Even if it is accidental you can be fined and go to jail. If you have a blue over 1 watt laser safety is always first. Wicked lasers sold these to any one and they do not realize how much danger they are in. so please be aware of what you are doing with lasers.

This safety message has been brought to you by the Members of LaserPointerForums.com

Oh the Drone thing..

The FAA is thinking of banning all drones. Currently the unwritten rule is rc any thing can fly from 0 to 400 feet. Well because people are being Idots with drones. I.E Quad Copter or other similar multi rotor rc air craft with camera flying them over large crowds, homes, military bases. places were they are not suppose to be the are make the rest of the model aircraft world look bad and they are going to do some thing about it

Last Edited:
Welcome to the Forum EwGuNut. If they don't come around my house when they are not expected, then they will not have to worry about any green lasers. But if they do, the green laser is the last thing they should be worrying about. :p

Since when did my remote control model airplane become a evil thing??? Model of P-38 Lightning. 8 ft wing span. It can carry a 1/2 pound of flower or a camera in its bomb bay. Then there is the Biplane with a 12 ft wing span.

its because of all the drones flying around and people being idiots with them. This is falling under the same thing as the lasers. People putting high powered lasers on model planes, quads and flying them around! Its idiots like these that makes me think does no one have any common sense any more

I agree with that statement saber I do. Its like in spokane two 14 years old are being labeled domestic terrorist by shining green laser pointers at cars. They happen to shine a few cops and that is why. They got 2 years in juvie 4 years probation some ridiculous amount of fines and can never own a photonic light device ever again

Since when did my remote control model airplane become a evil thing??? Model of P-38 Lightning. 8 ft wing span. It can carry a 1/2 pound of flower or a camera in its bomb bay. Then there is the Biplane with a 12 ft wing span.
I love rc's I am currently Doing a review for a Chines drop ship site of a little micro quad rc that they sell and its a lot of fun. I am also reviewing for them one of the 5mw green pointers they sell. It good to be a laser hobbyist and like firearms and rc. There is one drone being made I do not know by who that has military applications. It carries a sbr and there is nothing good about this. oh the drone is a quad and its also a flying bomb. it has 15 kilograms of explosives in the body. hmmm deniability

First EwGuNut, I love the avatar.

Second, I saw you mentioned Wicked, I have been a fan of their stuff for a long time. I laughed when George Lucas tried to sue them. I always wanted one of their lasers, but the low return on investment always kept me away. I like the idea of what the powerful laser could do, but I never wanted to hurt anyone so I would have always been to scared of actually using it.

Lasers can be a dangerous thing if used improperly. I don't think people realize that when they give them to kids.

Wicked Lasers are over priced and they are not worth the money. I can build you a three watt 445 for 175 that is cooler looking and will last longer. Powerfull lasers are Cool I own several. i have a 3,2,and 1.5 watt 445 I sold me 200 mw 520nm green and have a few 405s 650s and 445 in my draw as well as a few HeNe's Thanks for reply on my avi its is one of my favorite anime. and kids should not have laser under the age of 16

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top