JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey all:

Well guys and gals this is going to impact a lot of us. The FDA has been pushing for new laws as it pertains to lasers. I am specifically talking man portable lasers. I.E. pointers, tactical aiming devices ect. Because of the influx of cheap Chinese green lasers and the rash of incidents that been popping up with people using the to flash planes cops and the like the feds are trying to push through legislation that will effectively ban every thing over 1mw the current law is 5mw. The only exception to the ruling will be military and law enforcement while on duty. That means every one that has a tactical green laser or red for that matter that was made before the law takes effect will be in effect committing a federal felony. This really is a bunch of crap in my option. Current tactical lasers made in the US or other western country's are typically under 5mw but the stuff that is being manufactured by Chinese companies are not tested to with in that limit they are set and forgotten most tend to be ten to twenty percent over what is currently allowed by US law. So just a word to the wise try limiting the amount of time they are used. Some counties and jurisdictions have outlawed tactical lasers all together so please check your state and local laws pertaining to tactical aim assisting devices

no link just what im seeing in my laser hobby. The FDA has been pushing for tighter restrictions on portable lasers and i guaranty weapon sights will be in that law

that is it Caveman Jim. The feds are cracking down on every thing because of a few. Just like with hobby drones a few spoil the hobby for all. Its to much of Lets punish every one because of a few frigging idiots. Its not just guns, lasers, or rc's it comes down to they are trying to take our rights and many in the usa are just fine with the government taking over

Never had a need for a laser on a gun. The cats and dogs have had a grand time with them over the years but that's the extent I use them.

DVDs and blue rays being the other exception;).

Really though, this is just the same ol thing. USA likes to make a law against something to persecute the 99% to protect the 1%. Hasn't changed in the last 100+ years.

that is it Caveman Jim. The feds are cracking down on every thing because of a few. Just like with hobby drones a few spoil the hobby for all. Its to much of Lets punish every one because of a few frigging idiots. Its not just guns, lasers, or rc's it comes down to they are trying to take our rights and many in the usa are just fine with the government taking over

If I ever get elected president (joking or maybe not) I'll work hard to repeal that mindset!!!
I'll also wittle down the number of numnutz who reside in DC!!!
I'd personally kick Chuck Schumer and the rest of the gun-haters square in the Jimmie and banish them from America, permanently!!!
And.......o_Oo_Oo_O:p:cool:

Personally I take all those career politicians take them ot to a deserted island put enought food to last them a week one gun and twenty rounds of ammunition and see what happens that or inject them with a small bomb in the neck put up sensors and if they go out side it takes their head off. politicians are like ants you have to kill them all or your screwed

I couple of years ago there was a kid on YouTube showing how simple it was to bypass some components in a buck 98 low watt laser key chain pointer available in nearly every check out counter to make it powerful enough to light a match head and burst balloons.
What ever the law, you can't legislate us into stupidity or stop good ol American ingenuity.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top