JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
We spent a couple of hours at the laser range at Advanced Firearms & Training in Gresham last week. An excellent way to keep your skills up while the weather is poor. Played some games and tried a few different exercises. Ron did a great job of coaching and instructing. We hadn't signed up for a class, just stopped in to play around for a while. They offer a nice selection of firearms and accessories as well as lots of different classes and training at all levels with handgun, shotgun or AR. Transfers too. Jeannie has gone a couple of times on her own and says it is a very comfortable place to train. They are very welcoming to women shooters. Nice to be able to have realistic holster practice without fear of an ND. No guns to clean, no fumes to breathe and no reloading necessary afterwards. It doesn't get any better than that!! At least not when the weather is crappy. Can't say enough good things about the experience. If you have a chance, check it out!! Thank you Tony and Ron for a fun afternoon!!

I always figured bad weather skills are better than good weather skills. ;)

I've been into the shop at AFT a few times, but never checked out their range stuff. They're in the triangle created by Division, Cleveland and Burnside

We spent a couple of hours at the laser range at Advanced Firearms & Training in Gresham last week. An excellent way to keep your skills up while the weather is poor. Played some games and tried a few different exercises. Ron did a great job of coaching and instructing. We hadn't signed up for a class, just stopped in to play around for a while. They offer a nice selection of firearms and accessories as well as lots of different classes and training at all levels with handgun, shotgun or AR. Transfers too. Jeannie has gone a couple of times on her own and says it is a very comfortable place to train. They are very welcoming to women shooters. Nice to be able to have realistic holster practice without fear of an ND. No guns to clean, no fumes to breathe and no reloading necessary afterwards. It doesn't get any better than that!! At least not when the weather is crappy. Can't say enough good things about the experience. If you have a chance, check it out!! Thank you Tony and Ron for a fun afternoon!!
I had no idea this was so close by. Thanks for the headsup

Tony hasn't been at this location a long time, maybe a couple of years. He used to be on Division next to Cash and Carry between 190th and 202nd. Not sure what he charges for real training. We were just in for a couple of questions and wound up playing around for while. I hadn't used the range before so Ron was just showing us what it can do. If I get a chance I'll stop by and ask and I'll post it here. Also I'll line him up about NWFA since I don't see a presence here and he should have one.

@308 what did you think?? Jeannie went there again today, but I guess we were there after you. His rates are $40/hr for one person or $50/hr for two, but he is generous with the time and certainly not "on-the-clock".

@308 what did you think?? Jeannie went there again today, but I guess we were there after you. His rates are $40/hr for one person or $50/hr for two, but he is generous with the time and certainly not "on-the-clock".
@Lilhigbee We just wrapped up our session and it was really good. Tony was generous with his time. We asked to work on the basics and to have him reveal our bad habits and that is definitely what happened...in a very good way. My wife really liked it and learned a lot. Thanks for the OP because we had no idea his shop was there and essential training was available so close to home. We will be going back for sure.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top