JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just picked up a Glock 19 Gen5 over the weekend and its going to be my new bed side pistol. I would like to get a laser/light combo for it but there are what seems like hundreds of options. I am leaning most towards the Streamlight TLR-6 but wanted to see if anyone else had any input before I order that one.

Thanks!

100% TLR-7A. I have tried most every light, and this is by far my fave to date, even beats out the expensive surfires. TLR-6 is not as good as it has a button you have to activate by pushing to the side, which for me throws off my aim and is not natural. I would steer away from a laser, as it isnt needed IMO on a Glock 19, but if you are set on having a laser, the TLR-8a has it, just is more bulky, and not as many holsters designed to fit it. TLR-7A Flex with 'high' button installed is perfect IMO . . . well, until Streamlight starts shipping their new TLR-7SUB light they just announced- made for P365, Glock 43x etc. That will be the bomb.com . . .

100% TLR-7A. I have tried most every light, and this is by far my fave to date, even beats out the expensive surfires.

That has not been my experience. This is the third Streamlight product I've had fail on me, I'll never buy another one.

sl2.jpg

That has not been my experience. This is the third Streamlight product I've had fail on me, I'll never buy another one.
To clarify, I feel like the user interface, button placement, footprint of the TLR-7A beats out all my other lights. I think ALL lights fail at some point- they are electronic devices mounted to a gun that Is putting them through high levels of stress. Here are a couple of pictures of the end cap of my Surefire X300U which started coming apart two weeks ago, after only owning it for two weeks. Surefire stepped up of course and replaced the tail cap after seeing the pictures. Will still buy Surefires if it meets what I am looking for, however i have found that for a compact pistol light, the TLR-7A fits better for button placement, compact footprint etc.

58EB4F65-F368-4E6A-BC2C-4B68860E0CC6.jpeg
42EC46AE-AF85-4BDE-A2AE-FBB7A86B6C35.jpeg

Had a TLR1 fail, but bought a replacement battery door and it's back in business, not bad for 3-4 years of EDC and fairly rough use.

I have several Streamlights and I am slowly replacing them with better brands. Too bad, I was a Streamlight guy for years but their quality has started to slip.

Take a look at Olight's offerings while you research.

100% TLR-7A. I have tried most every light, and this is by far my fave to date, even beats out the expensive surfires. TLR-6 is not as good as it has a button you have to activate by pushing to the side, which for me throws off my aim and is not natural. I would steer away from a laser, as it isnt needed IMO on a Glock 19, but if you are set on having a laser, the TLR-8a has it, just is more bulky, and not as many holsters designed to fit it. TLR-7A Flex with 'high' button installed is perfect IMO . . . well, until Streamlight starts shipping their new TLR-7SUB light they just announced- made for P365, Glock 43x etc. That will be the bomb.com . . .
I am not sure I follow your logic on the activation throwing poa off. Do you not turn light on and then fire or are you talking about activating momentary on with finger of support hand while firing? As far as lights and lasers go I have had good luck with olight products. I have had issues with several streamlight products.

I am not sure I follow your logic on the activation throwing poa off. Do you not turn light on and then fire or are you talking about activating momentary on with finger of support hand while firing? As far as lights and lasers go I have had good luck with olight products. I have had issues with several streamlight products.
Activating momentary. Unless I have a need for the light to be on for a longer period of time, I always train to use momentary. Holding momentary with a downward thumb works very well for me, like the TLR-7A has, dont have to change my thumbs forward grip. TLR-6 with the side button, have to adjust and push from the side, which isn't as fluid of a motion IMO, and requires changing your grip.

Activating momentary. Unless I have a need for the light to be on for a longer period of time, I always train to use momentary. Holding momentary with a downward thumb works very well for me, like the TLR-7A has, dont have to change my thumbs forward grip. TLR-6 with the side button, have to adjust and push from the side, which isn't as fluid of a motion IMO, and requires changing your grip.

So do I, which is another *itch I have the Streamlight, with their rocker switch momentary is up left handed and as I make a point to train ambidextrously I much prefer the Surefire setup where up or down is constant on and a push is momentary with either hand. I'd get by better side button of the TLR-6 over their rocker.

So do I, which is another *itch I have the Streamlight, with their rocker switch momentary is up left handed and as I make a point to train ambidextrously I much prefer the Surefire setup where up or down is constant on and a push is momentary with either hand. I'd get by better side button of the TLR-6 over their rocker.
Copy that- you should really check out the new TRL-7A/FLEX- it is not a rocker switch, it is buttons- you can either press straight forward ALA Surefire X300U, or press down. Press and hold, and when you release it turns off. A fast tap, and it turns on and remains on, quick tap to turn off. I agree with you, not a fan of the rocker set up of the Streamlight or Surefires that have it, as I am also a lefty!

I have the above mentioned Olights as well( actually all of them LOL!! I apparently like lights!! ;-) ), and love the small compact PL-Mini 2/Baldr Mini with its adjustability to slide back and forth on the rail. However one negative is that you have to press down on their switches only, no option to press forward. May not be an issue to some, as the downward press works well for a thumbs forward grip. FYI to anyone that has HK's USP's with their original 'proprietary' rails, the Olight mini 2 will fit the USP compact with no rail adaptor, and the older version of the Mini, the Olight PL-Mini valkarie (not the 2), fits the full size USP without a rail adaptor. They are no longer being made however, so may have to source a used one if you have a FS USP. . .
2674F241-016E-4E4B-B846-E40C1A205940.png
E83A1632-F8AC-405C-B49F-43F410AF6C83.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews