JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you've ever put a cheap laser on a rifle or shotgun, you'd have an idea why. ;) I've tried a lot of these and have yet to find one under $100 that I couldn't break just by shooting the gun. Some take 50 rounds, some take 500, but sooner or later they will fall apart. The least expensive laser I've been able to find that is durable and holds zero is the LaserMax. I've got two of them. I think I paid about $120 each. The remote paddle switch is about $50 or $60. Now, if you're going to shrink that down, maintain performance, and then do all of the stuff that Drew talked about, $150 to $300 is not that bad. Besides, it's a laser. On your handgun! :cool:

I have two questions, first, why are the laser grips so expensive? $150++ to $300+?

TIA.

Because like other things, if you are a boater, or a gun entheusiest, or a golfer, or buy a Mecedes/BMW, etc, they figure you're in a higher income bracket that Joe Schmoe. Even if the product only costs $40.00 to produce they will charge $250.00-$300.00 becuse we pay it. Some of these products may, or may NOT be a quality product.

There's is something to be said though, about buying something that is made a few miles South of where I live, and works so very well!

Ruger SP101 2", Crimsom Trace laser in the house.

Mike

Because like other things, if you are a boater, or a gun entheusiest, or a golfer, or buy a Mecedes/BMW, etc, they figure you're in a higher income bracket that Joe Schmoe. Even if the product only costs $40.00 to produce they will charge $250.00-$300.00 becuse we pay it. Some of these products may, or may NOT be a quality product.

There's is something to be said though, about buying something that is made a few miles South of where I live, and works so very well!

Ruger SP101 2", Crimsom Trace lazer in the house.

Mike

Dang. I just put a Hogue grip on my SP101. Now what am I going to do? ;)

I will not buy ANYTHING made in China!
Their stuff will kill your children,your pets and You.
If you are stupid enough to consider Chinese gear for you and your families personal safety,think what value that China places on it's own people.
I'll explain it for you if you can't figure it out.
NO VALUE.

Theres been comparisons with laser made here. Not all are the same some get of the target right away,break ect. I would get a name brand thats reliable. Chinese tools are junk. Sure use a socket for a toy but when you need it for real work it will break. They can make quality in China but then it will cost alot more. Then not worth it. We want cheeap so they make cheap I also agree with 82nd Infidel
. Keeps jobs here also when we can

How funny how everyone here doesn't buy anything made in China! I agree that some of the stuff made in China (the no-brand name stuff) is cheap made and poor quality, but I bet that 80%-90% of everything you all have in the house, the clothes on you and your shoes are made in China. I bet that even the rubber and plastic that Crimson Trace works with and the laser modules they use are made in China. I guaranty to you that Crimson Trace doesn't make the lasers, they buy them made... probably from China. If you say that it's worth to pay $300 for a plastic grip with a laser in, than you are out of touch. Spending the money on another gun or on ammunition for practice it's a better investment.

I will not buy ANYTHING made in China!
Their stuff will kill your children,your pets and You.
If you are stupid enough to consider Chinese gear for you and your families personal safety,think what value that China places on it's own people.
I'll explain it for you if you can't figure it out.
NO VALUE.

Are you posting from a computer? Where do you think 3/4 of it's components come from?

I had three Norinco Ak-47's that were made pretty well and a Norinco 1911 that lasted as well as any Colt I've ever had. My iPhone is made in China. I put an Airsoft laser that looks exactly like an PEQ-4 on my M4 and it hasn't broke. Granted, I put it on just for looks, but it actually is kind of cool playing with it around the house. Red lasers are useless outside in daylight. :( I won't hate on China but the bottom line is that my wife's Colt Defender has a Crimson Trace Lasergrip, my Beretta M9 has Crimson Trace Lasergrips, and all of my Smith and Wesson revolvers had Crimson Trace Lasergrips on them at one time or another. Yes, I would accept a job working for Crimson Trace... :)

No doubt it's hard to not to buy stuff from China. Alot of stuff has China component in it made for the country. Clothes,electronics ect hard not to . But Tools ,food furniture theres alot of stuff you can buy that isn't. But to stay on topic. I don't like grip lasers anyway. I wouldn't buy a USA made one. JMO

I had three Norinco Ak-47's that were made pretty well and a Norinco 1911 that lasted as well as any Colt I've ever had. My iPhone is made in China. I put an Airsoft laser that looks exactly like an PEQ-4 on my M4 and it hasn't broke. Granted, I put it on just for looks, but it actually is kind of cool playing with it around the house. Red lasers are useless outside in daylight. :( I won't hate on China but the bottom line is that my wife's Colt Defender has a Crimson Trace Lasergrip, my Beretta M9 has Crimson Trace Lasergrips, and all of my Smith and Wesson revolvers had Crimson Trace Lasergrips on them at one time or another. Yes, I would accept a job working for Crimson Trace... :)

Chinese weapons are made by very experienced Chinese arms manufacturers to military specs.. they work. Can't say the same for a lot of their other civvy products tho

Now the India made steel hand tools are pretty good steel, I buy them for the weird, seldom used types of tools

The Industry Leader in Laser Sights for Guns | Crimson Trace Lasergrips

The video says 100% of all CT products are made in the USA

Here is my daily CCW, a MK 3 BHP .40

DSC01002.jpg

DSC01002.jpg

Just proof to my theory that most people thay say: (cue banjo music) "If somebody would produce a good product here in the USA I would gladly pay extra for it." Is usually full of B.S.

Not true. I try to. All my tools Usa made. Cars Usa assembled or partially. 90% of all my Furnatue has Made Usa label on it. Just some or most things you don't have a choice. China can make high quality product. We just don't get them cuz they will cost more that made in Usa. We want high quality on the cheap..Not gonna happen

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top