JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've seen a shotgun specific laser that has 7 or 8 laser dots to basically define a shot pattern. Seemed like a pretty cool idea for what it was. I do not remember who made it but, it's out there.

I just have a hi-viz fiberoptic sight behind my bead and a flashlight mounted on the magazine tube off to the right 90* instead of below it. The ambient light is really amplified by the fiberoptic and it give me a nice bright red dot to aim at.

lasers have their uses, they can be handy for helping you acquire a target quicker, assessing trigger pull and grip, and sometimes they can be seen as a deterrent for would be foes. if you have problems with your eyes do to age or whatever than it might be useful to you. alternatively a fiber optic sight or even a holographic sight could be useful in the same regard. in any case its advisable to train like you don't have such things. and only use them as an aid and not a crutch. I would think a laser would be useful if your shooting slugs over a reasonable distance, not so much for shot.

Lazerlyte Center Mass. Thing is wicked. And, I am sorry but, what could possibly be wrong with a beam that is projected from the firearm to the target that the shot will follow regardless of proper stance/grip/shouldering/whatever? It's about as good an idea as one could have in a home defense/high stress situation.

Lazerlyte Center Mass. Thing is wicked. And, I am sorry but, what could possibly be wrong with a beam that is projected from the firearm to the target that the shot will follow regardless of proper stance/grip/shouldering/whatever? It's about as good an idea as one could have in a home defense/high stress situation.
that's just it, the round will not follow that laser because of your "stance/grip/shouldering/whatever" try it. lasers can be good to train you to control all those variables, it cannot make you an expert marksman overnight though. and what I mean by try it is, go ahead and mount up a laser with your rifle or handgun and practice dry firing with a snapcap, you will find as you pull that trigger that laser is moving across your target.

There's nothing wrong with a laser on a shotgun (it gives you a few tactical advantages - like the ability to shoot without shouldering the weapon or from behind a cover) but I found that a weaponlight with a bright "core" beam does the same job almost as well (except, of course, when you have to shoot slugs).

I know we're talking about shotguns but..the problem I had with trying lasers on my AR (still have one on my M&P .22 pistol for 50' target shots:)) was that it had to be mounted either on top or below the barrel due to the fact that a bullet will cross that point of impact you dial the laser into twice once on the way up and once on the way down depending on how far out you have it dialed in for. If you are dialed in from here to the back door, what I just said won't matter much. If you mount a laser to either side of your weapon the bullet will only cross the point if impact that you have your laser set for one time and everything past that point the bullet is going completely off target. Lasers are fun to target and blast stuff with in low light and at a pre determined distance but, you will not be able to accurately shoot a target at 20yrds and then attempt a target at 100yrds without adjusting windage or holding left or right which defeats the whole practical use of the laser and makes for a sloppy shot. That Lazerlyte looks like fun to play with if you have the cash but, batteries die, and electronics fail without notice usually when you need them the most. If you feel that you need a laser in the house to defend yourself just remember that you must identify your target prior to discharging your weapon. If you have identified your target you won't need a laser. Seriously consider mounting a flashlight if you need something for home defense. The little "Armalaser" laser I have on my .22 plinker is a hoot with cans and steel plates:)