JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I probably would not want it in a self-defense weapon, but if I were a much much better shooter than I am, and in long range competition, I wouldn't mind it giving me an edge.

I find it interesting. I remember reading quite a while back (before such things were on the internet) of "plasma" propellant. As I recall, the most common form was a liquid propellant that was ignited with an electric primer. The primer could control how long the propellant burned, the rate at which it burned and so on.

The result was in some cases, 5000 fps, because the pressure would build to a plateau and stay there until the projectile left the barrel. You could also make the load subsonic with a "flip of a switch".

Eventually electronics will make its way more and more into the action of a firearm. We already have electronic triggers on the market, and now a laser firing pin.

I was thinking along the lines of, reaching for your flashlight and it has a dead battery:D. Target shooting would be fine.

A good lithium battery can last ten years on the shelf, even in sub-freezing temps.

I have a dual band handset in my GHB that I charged up and then left it to sit in the car for over a year just to see how fast the battery would go down and it still has more than 80% charge. Most of my flashlights have lithium batteries in them.

Works great until the EMP hits. Then ya can use yer fancy club ter beat down yer zombies.
That is unless someone has used an EMP to fire your weapon and make you shoot yourself in the leg. So the real question now is if you're a complete zombie from having been zapped and shot or are you still part human? Inquiring minds want to know!

That is unless someone has used an EMP to fire your weapon and make you shoot yourself in the leg. So the real question now is if you're a complete zombie from having been zapped and shot or are you still part human? Inquiring minds want to know!

Let's not confuse that with that penny that's in circulation which collects everyone's DNA...

The ad for this could read: "Solution Seeks Problem"!

"That's right folks, we think you'll believe that slamming a laser back and forth at about 30FPS and having electronic components get near red-hot is a GREAT idea, all in an environment of 3000 PSI dirty gas spraying all over the lens! And all you have to do to make it work is throw away all the ammo you have now and replace the ignition system that works already with this soon-to-fail gizmo!"

"If you act now, we'll get you into the new-new Big Thing of Time Sharing The Tacoma Narrows Bridge!!!" :rolleyes:

Pretty cool- would be even cooler if it just shot a laser beam. Imagine that! Change your gun from a traditional rifle into a laser gun just by switching out the bolt.

I wonder if they had these same discussions when the caplock was invented?
Or when self contained ammo became a reality?
:D

I'm all for advancement and new technology , but there should be a need for it.
Not as someone else said " A solution in search of a problem."
Andy

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews