JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm wanting a laser bore sight for .17 & .22. I've seen a couple on the Net (LaserLyte & SSI ), but have no idea what to buy. I'd like to send around $50 and perferably buy one locally, so I can 'touchy/feelly' before purchasing.

The SSI says it works for all bores .17 to .50, while the LaserLyte is .17 to
.22 specific. I read a couple of reviews on the LaserLyte, which seems to be the 'common brand', but they weren't so good. :confused:

Please, help me out. As always the wealth of information here, is always appreciated!! :s0155:

Frog.

Thanks ZeroRing,

I need one that also will work on my .17s. Unless I missed it, this one is good for .22 -.50.. And I think this is the problem. Finding a decent one that will also do .17??

I might just have to settle for a specific .17 -.22 bore sight.

Thanks
Frog.

Granted it's not local to you but I've been using this one and it's worked very well.

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=24534&title=LASER%20BORE%20SIGHTER

That's the one I have used on my 10/22 and it worked great. But be careful as I know another guy that has the same one and the laser was not centered in the housing. Its prolly good enough to get close, but still. I mean come on, it should be perfect, right?

EDIT: I don't know anything about it, but I did find this :

<broken link removed>

It says .17-.50, might be worth checking out.

I have a Site-Lite SL-100 I would part with. But the price would be 75. They have a life time warranty and no extra arbors needed. Let me know if you are interested.

Scott

Thanks for the Replies.

I ended up with a SSI (Sighting System Instruments). The package says it works on 'All Calibers from .17 to .50 including 410, 12 & 20 Gauge shotguns'.

It was $ 69.95 from Dick's Sporting Goods, which is the only place I found who had them stocked locally.

I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but will lets ya know!

Frog.

Thanks Brownstown and brn32gtr,

Would suppose those both would work well, but I also needed a tool that would sight my .17, as well as the others.

Again the only tool I found that would work on .17 thru to 50 cal was the SSI.

I've completed the 'sighting' process, and now need to get out and put some holes in paper.

I'll let you all know how it turned out.

Frog.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top