Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Laser Bore Sight Tool Suggestions??

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by Frog, Jan 24, 2009.

1. Frog

Frog Vancouver, Washington Member

I'm wanting a laser bore sight for .17 & .22. I've seen a couple on the Net (LaserLyte & SSI ), but have no idea what to buy. I'd like to send around $50 and perferably buy one locally, so I can 'touchy/feelly' before purchasing.

The SSI says it works for all bores .17 to .50, while the LaserLyte is .17 to
    .22 specific. I read a couple of reviews on the LaserLyte, which seems to be the 'common brand', but they weren't so good. :confused:

Please, help me out. As always the wealth of information here, is always appreciated!! :thumbup:

Frog.

2. ZeroRing

ZeroRing 26th District, WA Active Member

3. Frog

Thanks ZeroRing,

I need one that also will work on my .17s. Unless I missed it, this one is good for .22 -.50.. And I think this is the problem. Finding a decent one that will also do .17??

I might just have to settle for a specific .17 -.22 bore sight.

Thanks
    Frog.

4. Ryan

Ryan Beaverton Or Member

That's the one I have used on my 10/22 and it worked great. But be careful as I know another guy that has the same one and the laser was not centered in the housing. Its prolly good enough to get close, but still. I mean come on, it should be perfect, right?

EDIT: I don't know anything about it, but I did find this :

http://www.wholesalemarineproducts.com/servlet/the-545/Sightmark-Universal-Laser-Bore/Detail

It says .17-.50, might be worth checking out.

5. Scott

Scott Battle Ground Well-Known Member

I have a Site-Lite SL-100 I would part with. But the price would be 75. They have a life time warranty and no extra arbors needed. Let me know if you are interested.

Scott

6. Frog

Thanks for the Replies.

I ended up with a SSI (Sighting System Instruments). The package says it works on 'All Calibers from .17 to .50 including 410, 12 & 20 Gauge shotguns'.

It was $ 69.95 from Dick's Sporting Goods, which is the only place I found who had them stocked locally.

I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but will lets ya know!

Frog.

7. ZeroRing

ZeroRing 26th District, WA Active Member

Please do!! ;)

8. browntown

browntown Salem, Oregon, United States Active Member

9. bnr32gtr

bnr32gtr Vancouver, WA Member

10. Frog

Thanks Brownstown and brn32gtr,

Would suppose those both would work well, but I also needed a tool that would sight my .17, as well as the others.

Again the only tool I found that would work on .17 thru to 50 cal was the SSI.

I've completed the 'sighting' process, and now need to get out and put some holes in paper.

I'll let you all know how it turned out.

Frog.