JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Final police report on Las Vegas shooting unable to determine motive

I really want to see this final report. Unfortunately there does not seem to be a link in this story or a description of a way to get the actual report. I want to see a real forensic description of a complete list of firearms in the room, numbers of shells, types of magazines and the actual state of each firearm. I want to know how many were fired that night and which ones actually used "bump stocks" anyway.

I want to know about the hardware. I have lots of disbelief surrounding this event!!

I'm expecting this is just a continuation of the earlier report they released. I'll have to peruse it when I have some time. I suspect though the findings won't sit well with most people and will leave a lot of unanswered questions.

I've read most of the report now. I am not a conspiracy theorist, and usually believe reports like these. Along the way, the departments and agencies involved seemed so tight-lipped about the results of the investigation that I was beginning to believe some of the conspiracies surrounding this horrible event.

It really seems as though this one guy went a little crazy in the head for some unknown reason, spent a lot of money building an armory any of us would be jealous of, and then turned into a mass-murderer with satan as his guide. I think I believe this report now, and no longer think there were multiple shooters or weird involvements with other people.

It really looks as though we'll just need to mark this down in the category of "The price of liberty is occasional chaos" and "The price of moral freedom is occasional depravity."

I'm going to read more in depth but one thing doesn't sit right with me! NO ONE'S body just falls perfectly flat on the floor like in the picture of Paddock laying there. It looks staged to me! o_O

I'm going to read more in depth but one thing doesn't sit right with me! NO ONE'S body just falls perfectly flat on the floor like in the picture of Paddock laying there. It looks staged to me! o_O
I've read many after action reports and many books on gunshot injuries, the one thing that seems to be true through ALL of them is that no two are alike. As expected, there really wasn't much information in the final report. Lots of information simply will Not be released to the general public.

I found it interesting how many different manufactures of rifles were used, ballistics showed 1 mag was put through each basically instead of reloading any of them, a new rifle was used. It's almost as if it was intended to make the most common name rifle manufactures in the business get a bad rap for being part of this.

It's also interesting how much detail is provided, like the guy having hemorrhoids for example
Lol

...It's also interesting how much detail is provided, like the guy having hemorrhoids for example. LOL...
I'm going to guess that you have never read an Autopsy Report. The details that are in one is simply crazy. At least if it's from a murder victim.

The other one that is done in crazy detail is if the individual died "on the table" during surgery.

I'm going to guess that you have never read an Autopsy Report. The details that are in one is simply crazy. At least if it's from a murder victim.

I've never read an autopsy report before, I skimmed a lot of the pages of the report and happened to come across that and laughed a bit.

It's almost as if it was intended to make the most common name rifle manufactures in the business get a bad rap for being part of this.

I noticed that as well. Interestingly he left the Sig 516 out of it, as it was still at one of his homes.

But yes it was quite interesting that so many manufacturers were represented there. Almost all the people that knew him said he was extremely detail oriented tho, so this may have been him experimenting with each to determine which would be suitable for the crime.

I noticed that as well. Interestingly he left the Sig 516 out of it, as it was still at one of his homes.

But yes it was quite interesting that so many manufacturers were represented there. Almost all the people that knew him said he was extremely detail oriented tho, so this may have been him experimenting with each to determine which would be suitable for the crime.

Seems like someone who still had $500000 in cash in addition to real estate who is as 'smart' as they claimed him to be could have done lots of other things with the remaining of his life. Seems odd and generally doesn't fit the mold if they are claiming he wasn't someone motivated to commit terrorism, that someone of his financial well being would engage in such an act. Looking at the last 20 years of high profile mass casualty shootings a mental illness or Islamic religious motivation seems consistent. They tend to be on the younger side as well, what we could describe as 'military age males.' There isn't a "I own multiple houses, have fistfuls of cash, old guy profile"

Alas, we'll never be privy to all the information that could answer a lot more of these questions.

This is all pure speculation but I could see how this was entirely a guy gone off the deep end. He doesn't fit the typical loner archetype which may mean he didn't have the same motivations.

He also didn't execute in the same way a typical mass shooter does, where they lash out at the source of their torment. As his brother Eric points out, he wanted to be the best at everything he did.

He probably had no reason to attack that festival other than he saw it as the most opportune setting to get the highest body count possible. Matches terrorist but not outcast archetype. He had planned a trip to Lollapalooza but cancelled it, indicating perhaps the music genre was not a motivating factor. He may have cancelled the Lollapalooza plans purely for the logistics of transporting that many weapons.

He probably did intend to implicate every manufacturer in his actions, but from the report it definitely seems like he was simply motivated by evil. His use of a wide variety of manufacturers seems like a simple last bit of chaos he probably tried to sew.

Use of bump stocks may have been for expediency with the task at hand. He probably knew he'd likely fatigue pulling that trigger so many times.

From the report, as written, he simply looks crazy, like he and his brother Eric looked up to their bad dude father, and the shooter needed to one up his dad and every other person he could.

As mass shootings are a recent phenomenon, that may be why he selected this type of infamous act. Notoriety.

Last Edited:
This is all pure speculation but I could see how this was entirely a guy gone off the deep end. He doesn't fit the typical loner archetype which may mean he didn't have the same motivations.

He also didn't execute in the same way a typical mass shooter does, where they lash out at the source of their torment. As his brother Eric points out, he wanted to be the best at everything he did.

He probably had no reason to attack that festival other than he saw it as the most opportune setting to get the highest body count possible. Matches terrorist but not outcast archetype. He had planned a trip to Lollapalooza but cancelled it, indicating perhaps the music genre was not a motivating factor. He may have cancelled the Lollapalooza plans purely for the logistics of transporting that many weapons.

He probably did intend to implicate every manufacturer in his actions, but from the report it definitely seems like he was simply motivated by evil. His use of a wide variety of manufacturers seems like a simple last bit of chaos he probably tried to sew.

Use of bump stocks may have been for expediency with the task at hand. He probably knew he'd likely fatigue pulling that trigger so many times.

From the report, as written, he simply looks crazy, like he and his brother Eric looked up to their bad dude father, and the shooter needed to one up his dad and every other person he could.

As mass shootings are a recent phenomenon, that may be why he selected this type of infamous act. Notoriety.

Sound thinking. I think the Orlando shooter still beat him.

I have seen some earlier reports but haven't had time to read this one. I believe early reporting from traditional sources was so bad and politically charged there was no way 'conspiracies' were not going to happen. It was presented poorly.

I still look at this event and how it was used compared to Florida and Texas. IMO, there hasn't been much mourning. As much energy, for lack of a better word, that has gone into school shootings, life goes back to normal pretty quick.

I have seen some earlier reports but haven't had time to read this one. I believe early reporting from traditional sources was so bad and politically charged there was no way 'conspiracies' were not going to happen. It was presented poorly.

I still look at this event and how it was used compared to Florida and Texas. IMO, there hasn't been much mourning. As much energy, for lack of a better word, that has gone into school shootings, life goes back to normal pretty quick.

That's because the left publicly stated that since country music fans are predominantly conservative the victims didn't need to be mourned. Several higher profile leftist lost their jobs over those statements.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top