JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In the first vid segment a perfect example of what happens when an armed Black man COMPLIES with the commands of police responding to a report of shots fired. Happens many, many, many more times than what BLM, Dem pols, and MSM race baiters would have the public believe about police - POC encounters.

1) "Is there anyone who's surprised that the Ruger Mini 14 had a malfunction?!"
The one I had back in the Dream Time worked with reloads that choked a H&K 93. (Note HAD)
Accuracy was on par with a long barrelled S&W revolver.

2) An intelligent rundown on the guns involved - Land o' Goshen! Will wonders never cease?

3) Good shooting by the cop.

Hey, I actually watched the video! good shooting by the LVPD. I did stop it after the media hack asked about the "Citizen" being legal or not having a gun.

So sad, I suspect this demented soul was just another victim of the pandemic lunacy. I what was going thru his mind in the end. :s0161:

He did say the perp had crime committed against him in the past. I'd been there myself many years ago, standing in the street, with a gun, after coming home late finding my house burgled. The PPD were very gentle with me.

Stacking people en mass in apartments and smaller and smaller areas is a recipe for discontent. It's where potland is heading. By design.

I didn't have the sound on....

Anybody know why it says Metro PD but the brief is given by a guy listed as Asst Sheriff?
Likely mutual aid/investigating agency kind of deal.

When there is a LEO use of lethal force, most places have a mutual aid agency take the investigation. Removes perceptions & safeguards the investigation against allegations of procedural unfairness.

As an example. LEO use of lethal force by Jackson county Sheriff department, investigation would be done by Josephine County Sheriff's dept or OSP (or both). Similar if Grants Pass PD, Josephine County Sheriff's office could take the investigation, Jackson County could, or OSP could (or combinations).

When there is a LEO use of lethal force, most places have a mutual aid agency take the investigation. Removes perceptions & safeguards the investigation against allegations of procedural unfairness.

As an example. LEO use of lethal force by Jackson county Sheriff department, investigation would be done by Josephine County Sheriff's dept or OSP (or both). Similar if Grants Pass PD, Josephine County Sheriff's office could take the investigation, Jackson County could, or OSP could (or combinations).
Quite right. I forgot about that aspect.

I always wondered why on CIS Vegas, they would ID themselves as LVPD, but worked for the Sheriff .

Does the Sheriff run the LVPD? I know in some counties the Sheriff's deputies only deal with the Courts, Jail and Corrections.

EDIT - Per Wikipedia
The Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department (also known as the LVMPD or Metro) is a combined city and county law enforcement agency for the City of Las Vegas and Clark County, Nevada, United States. It is headed by the Sheriff of Clark County, who is publicly elected every four years.

Didn't see this on here. Figured its worth sharing.

Key take away for me is to always be prepared, even when close to home.

Another incident to push back on Black Lies Matter. Three African American young men, ONE ARMED. Comply with police and guess what? Not only not shot but later commended by the department for their defensive actions. And again a good lesson for all of us who carry: COPS DO NOT KNOW IF YOU ARE A BAD GUY WITH GUN OR A GOOD GUY WITH A GUN UNTIL SUCH TIME YOU ARE ABLE TO DEMONSTRATE THE LATTER.

LVMPD is one big department encompassing the city of Las Vegas and parts of Clark County under the jurisdiction of the Clark County Sheriff.

Wot??? Mine's functioned flawlessly for ten years. Gotta clean 'em once in a while. :)
Normally when a Mini had feed problems it was after market mags. For a long time when the old man was still in charge they would not sell anyone but LE mags. So lots of aftermarket were around. Some were great. A LOT of them were crap. Made for a lot of jokes about the rifle that was really the mags

Is there anyone who's surprised that the Ruger Mini 14 had a malfunction?!
Anyone?
t001.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top