JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The big take away from this is (thankfully) people who do evil things like mass shootings, have bad tactics.
I'll add: People who comply with lawful orders of police tend not to get shot by said police, regardless of their skin color, thus refuting the sum total of the fallacious assertions of Black Lies Matter and regurgitated by their useful idiots in the Third and Fourth Estates.

Last Edited:
Normally when a Mini had feed problems it was after market mags. For a long time when the old man was still in charge they would not sell anyone but LE mags. So lots of aftermarket were around. Some were great. A LOT of them were crap. Made for a lot of jokes about the rifle that was really the mags
Interesting. I think I have only used genuine factory mags in mine.

Interesting. I think I have only used genuine factory mags in mine.
Before they kicked the family out the factory mags were sold to public for a VERY short time then cut off again. So for a LONG time the factory mags brought very steep prices as they were so rare. The rifle was for a long time about 1/2 the cost of the base AR so a LOT of them were sold. This made a lot of after market mags being made and a LOT of them were junk. Often they could be "tweaked" to work but, it was expensive and frustrating to do.

Before they kicked the family out the factory mags were sold to public for a VERY short time then cut off again. So for a LONG time the factory mags brought very steep prices as they were so rare. The rifle was for a long time about 1/2 the cost of the base AR so a LOT of them were sold. This made a lot of after market mags being made and a LOT of them were junk. Often they could be "tweaked" to work but, it was expensive and frustrating to do.
What I like most about mine is I've kept it completely original except for the addition of a decent scope. Why this is important: I have a lot of friends and acquaintances on the "anti" spectrum who parrot the kinds of things they hear people like Joe Biden and Mike Bloomberg saying. Especially about "banning military grade weapons like the AR-15."

Well, every now and then I get to take some of these friends of mine out on the BLM and in some cases put a firearm in their hands for the first time in their lives. After drilling the Four Rules into their head on the drive out and not letting them even handle a firearm until they can repeat them from rote, I just like to do a quick demo starting them off on my innocuous fully stock 10/22 with iron sights...

Loading the 25-rd. banana, I have them stand to my left side, slightly behind and say "watch my trigger finger" as I squeeze off one round and hold it, thus discharging a singe round. You see I'm still holding down the trigger and nothing is happening? This is known as "semi-automatic." Then I follow up with a smooth 3-round burst. Did you see how many times I pulled the trigger? Three? Good. Now watch this... as I proceed to dump the remainder of the magazine as quickly as possible, one pull, one round. I can see the wheels in their head turning. Then I load a banana for them, instruct them how to properly lock in the magazine, switch off the safety, and charge the rifle. It's always the same... they start off with a few tentative pulls, often displaying that new shooter flinch (chuckling to myself LOL), expecting the rifle to "kick." I see the beginnings of a bubblegum-eating grin, and I know they are fighting it because deep inside they are not supposed to be enjoying shooting a firearm. Then they give in: MAG DUMP!!! A sign of progress... Sorry, I got you! That grin is a mile wide!

So then we switch to the Mini-14. I ask them what they think it is. Almost every time: "looks like a deer hunting rifle?" "Very good, I say." I show them the 5.56 round v the .22LR they were just shooting. "Whoah!" Size matters, I explain.

Anyway, we go through the same drill, they get to feel the difference between a .22 and a 5.56 and have now imprinted the concept of a semi-automatic firearm. I'll load up one more mag, dump half of it and pause. Walk over to the truck and pull out my Voodoo Tactical rifle case which contains two AR-15s. I can see a little trepidation wiping away that grin when they see that shape as I'm extending the stock and opening the action to clear the weapon. I imagine they are running images of John Rambo through their minds and that we will be turning the ARs on my poor Dodge Ram and blowing up its fuel tank in just a few minutes. LOL.

What I do next surprises them: Remember that half magazine of 5.56 I still have in my Mini-14? (Muzzle pointed safely downrange, of course). I release the mag, rack the slide to eject the round in the chamber and proceed to hand-empty the remaining rounds from the Mini-14 magazine. I make a little 5.56 pile on the table and hand them a Magpul 30-rd. PMAG. "Go ahead and put these bullets in this magazine, will you?" They struggle to load their first magazine, and with my counsel they get 11-12 rounds in. It still takes forever, LOL. I finish the job and hand them a "full 30 magazine clip" a-la Kevin "Ghost Gun" DeLeon. I hand them my Rock Island AR w/ Magpul FDE furniture, vertical foregrip, and Sightmark red dot. They can't believe they're holding an "assault rifle," much less that they're going to be firing one in less than a minute. I instruct them how to lock in the magazine, switch off the safety, and charge the rifle. "You are locked and loaded and the range is hot. Give me five rounds, one second apart, smooth as you can, hold the trigger down on the last shot. You may fire when ready" They look terrified. "Hold it down?" Trust me. So they indulge me with my drill. Five seconds later they are in total shock. They are holding down the trigger of an "assault rifle"... having just fired the same bullets out of a "deer hunting rifle," and NOTHING IS HAPPENING! I mean presidential candidate Mike Bloomberg very clearly stated if you hold the trigger down on an "assault weapon" it goes "brrrt brrrt brrrt." In my mind, I am witnessing the genesis of a profound reckoning. "Can I shoot the rest?" You bet you can. We then go on to enjoy a wonderful day of shooting, running everything from compact revolvers to 1911s and even my .44Mag Blackhawk if I think they're ready.

We might continue to talk guns on the way home, maybe I'll slip in a little 2A gospel, or we might just talk about sports. Either way, I feel like I've given them something to think about. And of course when we stop for beers, they realize we've blown through $200 in ammo... they always get the check.

What I like most about mine is I've kept it completely original except for the addition of a decent scope. Why this is important: I have a lot of friends and acquaintances on the "anti" spectrum who parrot the kinds of things they hear people like Joe Biden and Mike Bloomberg saying. Especially about "banning military grade weapons like the AR-15."

Well, every now and then I get to take some of these friends of mine out on the BLM and in some cases put a firearm in their hands for the first time in their lives. After drilling the Four Rules into their head on the drive out and not letting them even handle a firearm until they can repeat them from rote, I just like to do a quick demo starting them off on my innocuous fully stock 10/22 with iron sights...

Loading the 25-rd. banana, I have them stand to my left side, slightly behind and say "watch my trigger finger" as I squeeze off one round and hold it, thus discharging a singe round. You see I'm still holding down the trigger and nothing is happening? This is known as "semi-automatic." Then I follow up with a smooth 3-round burst. Did you see how many times I pulled the trigger? Three? Good. Now watch this... as I proceed to dump the remainder of the magazine as quickly as possible, one pull, one round. I can see the wheels in their head turning. Then I load a banana for them, instruct them how to properly lock in the magazine, switch off the safety, and charge the rifle. It's always the same... they start off with a few tentative pulls, often displaying that new shooter flinch (chuckling to myself LOL), expecting the rifle to "kick." I see the beginnings of a bubblegum-eating grin, and I know they are fighting it because deep inside they are not supposed to be enjoying shooting a firearm. Then they give in: MAG DUMP!!! A sign of progress... Sorry, I got you! That grin is a mile wide!

So then we switch to the Mini-14. I ask them what they think it is. Almost every time: "looks like a deer hunting rifle?" "Very good, I say." I show them the 5.56 round v the .22LR they were just shooting. "Whoah!" Size matters, I explain.

Anyway, we go through the same drill, they get to feel the difference between a .22 and a 5.56 and have now imprinted the concept of a semi-automatic firearm. I'll load up one more mag, dump half of it and pause. Walk over to the truck and pull out my Voodoo Tactical rifle case which contains two AR-15s. I can see a little trepidation wiping away that grin when they see that shape as I'm extending the stock and opening the action to clear the weapon. I imagine they are running images of John Rambo through their minds and that we will be turning the ARs on my poor Dodge Ram and blowing up its fuel tank in just a few minutes. LOL.

What I do next surprises them: Remember that half magazine of 5.56 I still have in my Mini-14? (Muzzle pointed safely downrange, of course). I release the mag, rack the slide to eject the round in the chamber and proceed to hand-empty the remaining rounds from the Mini-14 magazine. I make a little 5.56 pile on the table and hand them a Magpul 30-rd. PMAG. "Go ahead and put these bullets in this magazine, will you?" They struggle to load their first magazine, and with my counsel they get 11-12 rounds in. It still takes forever, LOL. I finish the job and hand them a "full 30 magazine clip" a-la Kevin "Ghost Gun" DeLeon. I hand them my Rock Island AR w/ Magpul FDE furniture, vertical foregrip, and Sightmark red dot. They can't believe they're holding an "assault rifle," much less that they're going to be firing one in less than a minute. I instruct them how to lock in the magazine, switch off the safety, and charge the rifle. "You are locked and loaded and the range is hot. Give me five rounds, one second apart, smooth as you can, hold the trigger down on the last shot. You may fire when ready" They look terrified. "Hold it down?" Trust me. So they indulge me with my drill. Five seconds later they are in total shock. They are holding down the trigger of an "assault rifle"... having just fired the same bullets out of a "deer hunting rifle," and NOTHING IS HAPPENING! I mean presidential candidate Mike Bloomberg very clearly stated if you hold the trigger down on an "assault weapon" it goes "brrrt brrrt brrrt." In my mind, I am witnessing the genesis of a profound reckoning. "Can I shoot the rest?" You bet you can. We then go on to enjoy a wonderful day of shooting, running everything from compact revolvers to 1911s and even my .44Mag Blackhawk if I think they're ready.

We might continue to talk guns on the way home, maybe I'll slip in a little 2A gospel, or we might just talk about sports. Either way, I feel like I've given them something to think about. And of course when we stop for beers, they realize we've blown through $200 in ammo... they always get the check.
That's fine and dandy, they'll still vote to take them away if their political leaders tell them to.

That's fine and dandy, they'll still vote to take them away if their political leaders tell them to.
Probably. Though given recent events in Oregon, I've had at least three of those friends contact me to consult on their first gun purchase -- two of them women. Since, yunno, I'm the resident "gun nut" in my circle of friends. :)

Yeah, you're probably right about that.
Sadly a LOT of gun owners vote for this garbage. Either by just not bothering to vote, here they get their excuse book out. Like it does not matter, we are outnumbered, the law makers are all the same, on and on. Or they throw their vote away saying they are way too righteous to vote for the best choice since the best choice is not perfect and such. Either way the worst one wins. Then there are the gun owners who can not be bothered to pay any attention at all until some new law steps on their toe's. Then its of course everyone else who is at fault. :s0092:
Maybe one of these days a lot of them will wake up, who knows. All I can do is keep swinging till the end.

Sadly a LOT of gun owners vote for this garbage. Either by just not bothering to vote, here they get their excuse book out. Like it does not matter, we are outnumbered, the law makers are all the same, on and on. Or they throw their vote away saying they are way too righteous to vote for the best choice since the best choice is not perfect and such. Either way the worst one wins. Then there are the gun owners who can not be bothered to pay any attention at all until some new law steps on their toe's. Then its of course everyone else who is at fault. :s0092:
Maybe one of these days a lot of them will wake up, who knows. All I can do is keep swinging till the end.
Yup. Apathy will be the end of the 2A. Or it won't... if we can get enough gun owners to start caring about their rights.

Yeah, you're probably right about that.
Might be hard to change someone from strongly anti-gun, but you can probably bring people over that aren't too far gone. I was pretty ambivalent about guns until some friends took me shooting and taught me about them, similar to how you described. Then I realized how much I had been lied to by the media and got pissed about it. Now I own several and always vote pro-gun.

So it might be a waste of time if someone starts out hating guns, but still seems worthwhile if they haven't been completely brainwashed.

Might be hard to change someone from strongly anti-gun, but you can probably bring people over that aren't too far gone. I was pretty ambivalent about guns until some friends took me shooting and taught me about them, similar to how you described. Then I realized how much I had been lied to by the media and got pissed about it. Now I own several and always vote pro-gun.

So it might be a waste of time if someone starts out hating guns, but still seems worthwhile if they haven't been completely brainwashed.
Wow. That actually gives me some hope. Thanks for sharing that.

I'm just tired of the gaslighters getting away with spewing whatever nonsense they want and nobody with any real platform being able to push back. I will say I did take out a died-in-the-wool "progressive" who agreed to go with me because of her level of trust in me as a person and our long-term friendship. She said there is not another person she would trust around guns. I guess that makes me her favorite gun nut. :)

She was floored by the Four Rules, as in she couldn't believe gun owners are actually responsible adults who don't just go around blasting everything in sight. Still, I know how she votes. And it's not good. She had fun shooting my guns and will then turn right around and vote to have them taken from me, even after admitting she completely trusted me in the presence of "deadly assault weapons."

YEP!!! When someone is hard line, cult like in the doctrine, I don't bother wasting my time. If they act like they just do not really know "facts" I am over the top glad to talk to them. Even encourage them to come to the range with me some time. If they are not the "cult, kooliad" kind its often quite easy to swing them at least a little. Like when they find out that no, you can not just order a gun online like its coming from Amazon. Many believe that only because they have heard it for years and really just do not know any better.

YEP!!! When someone is hard line, cult like in the doctrine, I don't bother wasting my time. If they act like they just do not really know "facts" I am over the top glad to talk to them. Even encourage them to come to the range with me some time. If they are not the "cult, kooliad" kind its often quite easy to swing them at least a little. Like when they find out that no, you can not just order a gun online like its coming from Amazon. Many believe that only because they have heard it for years and really just do not know any better.
LOL. My aunt in Michigan -- a highly intelligent and educated lady -- just tried to tell me you don't need a background check to buy a gun in Texas because of their new constitutional carry. The ignorance that we allow the media to pump out is just astounding.

LOL. My aunt in Michigan -- a highly intelligent and educated lady -- just tried to tell me you don't need a background check to buy a gun in Texas because of their new constitutional carry. The ignorance that we allow the media to pump out is just astounding.
It really is. And I think it just never occurs to most people how corrupt the media is and how blatantly they're able to lie.

I think anything you can do with someone to poke a hole in that trust they instinctively place in the media is a huge step.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top