JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wow! Again stuff like this always makes me think about wanting larger and more. This guy was very good, did things right yet still had to put that many rounds in this kook to stop him. Don't know if this was already posed as I did not see it but what a story for those of us who carry to think about.

That klutz could not have picked a less-likely 'sheep' to try and shoot. Paid the price.

Judging by the speed he shoots at his range targets - both of them - I have three points to remark on -

1. All ten shots were probably over in less than two seconds and the now-dead person was still upright when they all happened.

2. The brother was VERY lucky not to be lying on the next slab - only the shooter's likely assessment of the eventual resting-place of his subsequent shots stopped that happening. He should get down on his knees and thank Mr Baldwin for the rest of his life, for the rest of his life.

3. I'm certain that I could not have done that, especially with all that sh*te music blasting in my ears.

Last Edited:
RESULT!!!!

That's what happens when you practice in the dark.

That klutz could not have picked a less-likely 'sheep' to try and shoot. Paid the price.
Yes I love a happy ending like this. Still scary to think the damn nut case got off some rounds even while he was being drilled. I used to for a long time think stories like this were just over blown tales or rare as lightning strike. Now we see it far too often with so many shoots on tape. It can be amazingly hard to stop some of these kooks. Would be interesting to know if the nut was high on something too, or if he was just that damn hard to stop.

Sadly, there are millions of people who'd vote for the couple who escaped harm to be unarmed and totally vulnerable to whatever the perps had in mind.

Last Edited:
Baldwin, 40, said he takes firearms training seriously and hopes that those with concealed-carry permits take inspiration from his story to undergo more training. Baldwin said he trains more than the average concealed-carry holder, often training with tier one military operators and professional sports shooters like his girlfriend, Tori Nonaka, 25. He estimated that it took him about a second to draw his gun and land the first shot.

In my best Matthew McConaughey voice: "Alrrright."

Aloha, Mark

That's some very skillful shooting by that Baldwin fella. Some parts quoted:
Prior to the shooting, Kevin Smith said, his brother threw rocks at the gun store's front window. ............
"As Joseph Smith got closer, he turned his firearm toward Baldwin," the report said. "When Joseph Smith turned his pistol toward Baldwin, Baldwin drew his 9 mm semiautomatic pistol from a holster on his waist and stepped north, taking cover behind a trash can."........
Police said Joseph Smith fired seven times at Baldwin, and Baldwin fired 11 times at Smith. Baldwin said he didn't know who shot first. Baldwin also said he did not shoot at Kevin Smith, who was unharmed..........
Kevin Smith was eventually arrested on a warrant. Las Vegas Justice Court records show he is charged with conspiracy to commit robbery, attempted robbery and assault with a deadly weapon.

Happy ending. The news seems light on facts. Wonder if this is the same Kevin Smith below in the shooting story, in this one he was arrested for burglary in Vegas back in June after opening and stealing the money out of 2 cash registers at a Walmart: North Las Vegas police arrest 28-year-old in 'brazen burglary'

12291296_web1_burglary_suspect_web.jpg

Last Edited:
Yes! Sadly, I've come to love these types of stories. Looks like he messed with the wrong fella. His buddy will go down for his death but I'm guessing he'd rather be judged by 12 than hit with 10.

This story reminds me of the way I practice. I shoot handguns fast. As fast as I can keeping hits on CM/head. I don't try for tiny little groups, I shoot my handguns like my life depends on it.

Wait......

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads